• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should we all be eating more protein?

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

A recent review and meta-analysis investigating protein intake conclude that consuming the recommended daily allowance is fine for most people, most of the time. However, more protein is not necessarily beneficial.

Many of us enthusiastically indulge in holiday treats, which means that come New Year's Day, beginning a weight loss program is a common resolution.

An increase in the consumption of protein — often over the recommended daily allowance — is the cornerstone of many diets, but does eating more protein make sense for everyone?

A new study by nutrition scientists at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN, finds that increasing the intake of protein only provides benefits in certain circumstances. The findings of the research appear in Advances in Nutrition.

The bottom line is that if you are not explicitly dieting for weight loss or weight training, there is no clear benefit to consuming more protein than the minimum daily requirements that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) have established.

"[T]here is so much encouragement, advertising, and marketing for everyone to eat higher protein diets, and this research supports that, yes, under certain conditions, including strength training and weight loss, moderately more protein may be helpful, but that doesn't mean more is needed for everybody at all times," explains the lead author, Joshua Hudson.

Protein

Click here to view the full bodybuilding news article.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pamz21

I didn't know this, it's a good thread, every time after gym workout I always go for a egg, chicken or fish to get more proteins I didn't know the too much protein would be bad for the health.

L

lokielovesbunny

Well, you're right taking more protein doesn't mean that your body will be healthy and fit as other nutrients and vitamins, are essential to take in our day to day life, as I have heard please correct me if I'm wrong that, body takes lot of time to digest the protein and not all sort of protein easy to take or digest, the most common protein I think everyone knows about it, is whey protein

I

Irondane

100% more protein! All protein nothing else equals low bodyfat%

S

SteveTo

No....best thing is eat pure lard.

A

Athanas

No. We should go by the recommended daily allowances.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Plant protein is more healthier. Too much protein is not really healthy especially animal protein. Someone can consume much protein and try to avoid red meat because too much of it is not healthy.

But white meat like fish and chicken is healthy.