• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How to stay healthy on Christmas Day

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

It's Christmas Day, and you want to enjoy yourself — that's only natural. In this feature, we provide some quick tips that will allow you to have the fun you are hoping for without affecting your health too significantly.

The holiday period is, commonly, a time of overindulgence. With almost infinite food at our fingertips, it can be difficult not to go overboard on the cheeseboard.

Studies have found that during the holiday season, people usually put on a little extra weight.

This finding is no surprise, but research has also shown that people typically don't shift that weight before the next holiday season rolls around.

In fact, some scientists believe that this seasonal weight gain might be one of the reasons why people tend to get heavier as they age. As one author explains:

"Since this gain is not reversed during the spring or summer months, the net 0.48 kilogram weight gain in the fall and winter probably contributes to the increase in body weight that frequently occurs during adulthood."

Christmas

Click here to view the full bodybuilding news article.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Athanas

Many people tend to consume too much foods during major holidays and events such as Christmas. It is not a good practice because it is unhealthy.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice article. I used to consume much soda, cake and sweet foods during the Christmas season. But since few years ago, I started consuming healthy meals instead and I don't indulge in junk food anymore. My weight has been maintained and I'm glad.