• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bob Backlund

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Do any of you guys remember this wrestler? When I was a kid he used to live in my town. I met him a few times. We were heavily into wrestling back then. It was guys like Jimmy the Superfly Snuka, the Strongbow brothers, Andre the giant and Bob Backlund.

It was great to meet him. He had a small carpentry business and my friends father invited him over a few times.

Bob Backlund:
Robert Louis Backlund (born August 14, 1949)[3][4] is an American retired professional wrestler with an in-ring career spanning over 30 years, best known for his tenures in the World Wide Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Federation (WWWF/WWF, later known as World Wrestling Entertainment and currently simply known as WWE), where he is a two-time WWWF/WWF Heavyweight Champion/WWF World Heavyweight Champion (Backlund's first reign is the second-longest reign in the title history, behind Bruno Sammartino's first), as well as being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.

Any of you guys remember him and some of the other wrestlers from the good old days?
26ee44fdb1995884c8e08774baecc8d7-1.jpg
fef74e84864f9c7d3a93b870efd2de6e-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never heard of him but I heard of the other ones.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

M

Maestro

I don't know Bob Backlund but I do know Andre the Giant. Also, just to name a few other wrestlers from the old days: The Undertaker, his brother Kane, The Big Show, Rick Flair, Eddie Guerrero RIP, Triple H, Sean Michaels, Booker T, Kurt Angle who is stil active, The Rock, in no particular order and the list could go on and on. I have to say, there were some really great wrestlers back in the day, REAL entertainers.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I met some of those guys as a kid. I remember touching Andre the Giant and Jimmy Superfly Snuka as they walked by. They did matches right at the highschool back then. Andre the Giant was the most enormous person I've ever seen. He towered over everyone. I'll never forget those guys.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope I get to meet even if it is just one of the greats before my time. The WWE superstars need to do a worldwide tour, to at least give their fans an opportunity to watch them live. That would really make me happy.

M

Maestro

Unfortunately, I have never met any wrestler old or new. It would be cool meet if I met John Cena or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, who Hollywood hotshots.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unfortunately, I have never met any wrestler old or new. It would be cool meet if I met John Cena or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, who Hollywood hotshots.

The truth is wrestlers like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, John Cena and Dave Bautista have put in a ton of work and they have truly earned their success.

M

Maestro

The truth is wrestlers like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, John Cena and Dave Bautista have put in a ton of work and they have truly earned their success.

Now, that is the truth right there.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh! I forgot about Dave Bautista. He has managed to maneuver in Hollywood really well.