• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bellator Middleweight Title: Lima vs Mousasi

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Scott Coker who is the president of Bellator has confirmed the Lima vs Mousasi fight for May 9. They will be contesting for the vacant Bellator
middleweight gold after Previous champion, Rafael Lovato Jr.,
relinquished the title due to a brain condition.

M

Maestro

This is a great move by Lima. Now that he has his welterweight title back, going after the Middleweight title is the right move. I'm willing to bet that Douglas Lima is going to add more gold to his collection.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My money is also on Lima bagging this one. It is sad though that we have to wait 'til May 9.

M

Maestro

They need time to fully market the fight and make sure every thing goes according to plan. That is the reason why Scott Coker confirmed the fight this early.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They need time to fully market the fight and make sure every thing goes according to plan. That is the reason why Scott Coker confirmed the fight this early.

Smart move by Scott Coker and pretty sure the fight is going to be sold out.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You also have to remember that in the 17 years that Mousasi has been in MMA, he has held Bellator gold as well as the Strikeforce light heavyweight title and DREAM titles at 185 and 205 pounds.

So, I would say that he might be a bigger threat because he is also looking to fill the vacant middleweight championship.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mousasi has been wanting to fight Lima for a while now.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mousasi has been wanting to fight Lima for a while now. I'm glad they are finally meeting at the middleweight division to prove once and for all who is better.

Also, you have to give to Mousasi because before he began competing for Bellator, he left the UFC on a five-fight win streak, so he has a really great record.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You know how you wait for a fight for ages to happen and then when it finally does, it only last for a minute, and then it ends. I hope this is not going to be one of those fights.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You know how you wait for a fight for ages to happen and then when it finally does, it only last for a minute, and then it ends. I hope this is not going to be one of those fights.

I hate when that happens. It always feels like a waste of my money.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I hate when that happens. It always feels like a waste of my money.

That is because it is a waste of money. I can't remember which fight it was, but it ended just a minute and a half into the match. It was a first round KO. Whenever I think about that fight, I get so mad.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There has been a bunch of fights that have ended with first round KO.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The one a remember very well is the Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. People thought that Franklin was going to dominate the bout since he was the world middleweight champ at the time and that was Silva's 2nd fight at the UFC. A second before the four minute mark, Franklin was already on the floor not knowing what had just happened.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The one that I will never forget is the Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva bout. It happened at just 0:44 into the first round when Belfort landed one of the greatest knockouts in UFC history. The blow sent Silva
to the ground and that was that.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The one that I will never forget is the Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva bout. It happened at just 0:44 into the first round when Belfort landed one of the greatest knockouts in UFC history. The blow sent Silva
to the ground and that was that.

I saw the video on youtube and I have to say, that was really pathetic of Silva. I mean, he didn't even last a minute.