Your first visit?
Register

Joe Pietaro Contributer
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Joe Pietaro's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Prediction: The Rock's Athleticon Will NOT Happen

Here's a prediction I hope I'm dead wrong with: The Rock's much-ballyhooed Athleticon ICON World Classic will not take place as planned in October... at least from a major bodybuilding show standpoint. The venue was only announced two weeks ago and many IFBB pros who were either announced as competing or expected to will not be there.

When this show was first spoken about on Mike Rashid's podcast, Dexter Jackson was one of his guests and they speaking very highly of the show and its deep pocketed-promoter. Rumors of purses much bigger than even the Mr. Olympia made the online banter speak about Athleticon becoming the de-facto 'new' Olympia and overshadowing or even replacing it as the Super Bowl of bodybuilding.

A few months later, seven-time Olympia champion Phil Heath announced that he was going to compete in Orlando at the inaugural event. Lo and behold, "The Gift" has now pulled out.

With only seven and a half months to go, there is not much information on the official website. Nothing about the expo, booth sizes, etc.

Judging by The Rock's last big bodybuilding-related promise (that the 2017 Olympia was going to be ob major network television), let's all take a 'wait-and'see' approach this time.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

Joe Pietaro
    Owner & President
    MuscleSport, LLC
    (631) 948-5381
    joe@musclesportmag.com

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Prediction: The Rock's Athleticon Will NOT Happen

I was devastated when I saw this. I think they canceled because they are afraid they will be bullied. Their decision might also be affected by the outbreak of the pandemic making coaching difficult.

Joe Pietaro Contributer
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Joe Pietaro's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by sweerie_banana View Post
    I was devastated when I saw this. I think they canceled because they are afraid they will be bullied. Their decision might also be affected by the outbreak of the pandemic making coaching difficult.
    I honestly believe that the show was in fact cancelled due to the virus but they seemed to be lagging - at least publicly - with so many aspects of it. For example, the expo - that needs to be filled with vendors and info at hand for booth sizes, rates, etc. Not much info at all on that before the plug was pulled.

They even took months after announcing the show the venue it was to be held at.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

It is not entirely awful news, producers still intent to shift ahead their event next year alongside a collaborative digital scheme. We all know it is worth the hold back.

collapse Posting Permissions