• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chris Dickerson had a heart attack!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ChrisDickerson

Chris Dickerson won Mr. Olympia back in 1982!

From Bill Pearl:
MARCH 15, 2020, I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM MY LONG-TIME FRIEND /CHAMPION BODYBUILDER JOE DISTINTI.
JOE INFORMED ME THAT OUR CLOSE FRIEND AND FORMER TRAINING PARTNER CHRIS DICKERSON (1970 AAU MR. AMERICA, 1973 NABBA AMATEUR MR. UNIVERSE, 1974 NABBA PROFESSIONAL MR. UNIVERSE, 1982 IFBB MR. OLYMPIA) EARLIER THIS WEEK, FELL AT HIS HOME AND SUFFERED A FRACTURED HIP.
WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL CHRIS EXPERIENCED A MAJOR HEART ATTACK AND REMAINS IN INTENSIVE-CARE AND IS ON A RESPIRATOR.

JOE AND I ARE KEEPING CHRIS IN OUR PRAYERS, HOPING YOU WILL DO THE SAME.

Good luck Chris! I hope you pull through ok!

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

ChrisDickerson

Chris Dickerson won Mr. Olympia back in 1982!

From Bill Pearl:
MARCH 15, 2020, I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM MY LONG-TIME FRIEND /CHAMPION BODYBUILDER JOE DISTINTI.
JOE INFORMED ME THAT OUR CLOSE FRIEND AND FORMER TRAINING PARTNER CHRIS DICKERSON (1970 AAU MR. AMERICA, 1973 NABBA AMATEUR MR. UNIVERSE, 1974 NABBA PROFESSIONAL MR. UNIVERSE, 1982 IFBB MR. OLYMPIA) EARLIER THIS WEEK, FELL AT HIS HOME AND SUFFERED A FRACTURED HIP.
WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL CHRIS EXPERIENCED A MAJOR HEART ATTACK AND REMAINS IN INTENSIVE-CARE AND IS ON A RESPIRATOR.

JOE AND I ARE KEEPING CHRIS IN OUR PRAYERS, HOPING YOU WILL DO THE SAME.

Good luck Chris! I hope you pull through ok!

My prayers too. Am surprised. I dont know how I missed this. Just seen the update now. I think in the midst of this Corona mayhem alot of news can go unread. Plus since we are all indoors, there is very little information flowing around in the real world. Only on the cable and internet.

I wish him quick recovery. Please keep us posted.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Dickerson was one of the early pioneers of the sport & Bill Pearl was a big part of that. Winning the 1982 Olympia (and being on the cover of the first issue of FLEX magazine) was a great accomplishment and put him on the map for all time. I had the pleasure of interviewing him back in 2008 or 09 and he was a very gracious gentleman. Also an accomplished opera singer, as well. He sent me a very nice personally signed color 8X10 photo, too. Hope that he recovers fast.

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

Any updates so far on his condition?! Is anybody near there who can give us updates?
Dickerson was one of the early pioneers of the sport & Bill Pearl was a big part of that. Winning the 1982 Olympia (and being on the cover of the first issue of FLEX magazine) was a great accomplishment and put him on the map for all time. I had the pleasure of interviewing him back in 2008 or 09 and he was a very gracious gentleman. Also an accomplished opera singer, as well. He sent me a very nice personally signed color 8X10 photo, too. Hope that he recovers fast.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!