• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Prayers For Chris Dickerson

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
The bodybuilding community received more bad news approximately two weeks ago when it was learned that Chris Dickerson was hospitalized for a broken hip and subsequently suffered a heart attack thereat. The 1982 Mr. Olympia is reportedly on a respirator in the Intensive Care Unit.

Bill Pearl, who is also a legendary bodybuilder and Dickerson's mentor in his early year, reported the information online after learning of it from their fellow acquaintance and bodybuilder Joe Distinti.

Dickerson, 80, has a long list of accomplishments on the bodybuilding stage that spanned three decades, beginning with winning the 1966 AAU Mr. Junior USA. A few more that jump off the page are the 1970, 1971 and 1973 NABBA Mr. Universe (short class winner), 1970 AAU Mr. America, 1973 WBBG Pro Mr. America, 1974 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe, 1980 IFBB Night of Champions, and the 50-plus division at the 1994 Masters Olympia.

The Alabama native was also lauded for his skill and preparation for the posing round, something that has become less an afterthought nowadays. "I watch these guys and they're huffing and puffing after two poses," Dickerson said in 2009. "We were in better shape; I think we made more of a sport of it."

Pearl became more than a mentor to the then-23-year-old Dickerson, whose parents divorced when he was young. "I'm one of triplets (with two sisters), so I never had an older brother," he continued. "Bill was like a father, older brother and coach to me."

That continues to this day, even as both parties have aged.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sad news.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

Very sad News indeed. Chris Dickerson has been my inspiration too. I still have his photo from the 1994 Masters Olympia pinned on my wall. I suggest we plan to visit him in hospital. Where is he hospitalized?

I wish him quick recovery.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Very sad News indeed. Chris Dickerson has been my inspiration too. I still have his photo from the 1994 Masters Olympia pinned on my wall. I suggest we plan to visit him in hospital. Where is he hospitalized?

What photo? Please post it.
Thanks

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks for posting Joe! Please keep us informed! Hopefully he will make it.

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

What photo? Please post it.
Thanks
I have these photos of him. They were from the 1994 Masters Olympia where he came 4th I guess. He is a role model. And he has lived his life to the full.

We should celebrate him actually as we pray for his quick recovery. Please keep us posted.
Thanks.
Dickerson201 Dickerson202

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I read this update on Evolution of Bodybuilding:

GOOD NEWS
We received a call this morning from Bill Neylon, from Florida. Thanks to all your prayers and positive thoughts, Chris Dickerson ia awake, off the ventilator, and speaking. His doctors say there is no brain damage, and things are looking good for his recovery.

As you all know, it will be a tremendous challenge, and uphill battle, but Chris is no stranger to challenges and hard work.
I am sure he will be encouraged by the outpouring of love and concern that so many have expressed. Your continued thoughts and prayers will give him added strength.Thank you all for your great response. – Bill Pearl

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

GOOD NEWS
We received a call this morning from Bill Neylon, from Florida. Thanks to all your prayers and positive thoughts, Chris Dickerson ia awake, off the ventilator, and speaking. His doctors say there is no brain damage, and things are looking good for his recovery.

As you all know, it will be a tremendous challenge, and uphill battle, but Chris is no stranger to challenges and hard work.
I am sure he will be encouraged by the outpouring of love and concern that so many have expressed. Your continued thoughts and prayers will give him added strength.Thank you all for your great response. – Bill Pearl

Thanks for the update Joe! That is great news!

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

GOOD NEWS

Atlast. Atleast some long awaited good news. Thanks for the updates Joe. Keep us posted of his recovery process.

L

lokielovesbunny

He is great guy and inspiration too, for those who want to be like him, I hope he will be recovered soon. Igot to know about him at time when I joined nearby gym and of the guy told me about it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I don't know why I am reading on the blogs that he died. Is he okay? I wouldn't want to be one of those people wishing death upon him. He suffered from a heart attack and injuries on his hip. I pray that he is well.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I don't know why I am reading on the blogs that he died. Is he okay? I wouldn't want to be one of those people wishing death upon him. He suffered from a heart attack and injuries on his hip. I pray that he is well.
Chris Dickerson had a heart attack some time ago as was reported here on musclemecca bodybuilding forums. Chris Dickerson is still kicking at 80 years old.