• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Advanced Natural Bodybuilding

Kayce

Kayce

VIP
Author
This is good advice if you want to learn to be a natural bodybuilder.

Advanced Natural Bodybuilding

Advanced Natural Bodybuilding Tips With The Sets Progression and Strength Methods
By William Coulter

I am going to give you some advanced natural bodybuilding tips for training, to help you put on as much muscle as possible.

You see, the biggest mistake you can make is following routines from pro-bodybuilders. Those guys have elite genetics and are probably taking steroids. So what works for them, may not work for you.

A natural bodybuilding training program will look very different from an "assisted" one. I will give you some sample workouts and a couple of my favorite natural bodybuilding training tips, just because I am such a nice guy.

Advanced Natural Bodybuilding Tips: Set Progression

One of the biggest problems that natural trainee faces is progression. In order to get bigger and stronger you have to be lifting more weight or doing more volume work every week.

Volume style training has proven time and again to be most the most effective natural bodybuilding training routine. But generally you have to doing more volume each week. The problem with with this, is where do you stop? When your workouts last 5 hours?

You can of course lift more weight on the bar, which means you are lifting more total weight in your workouts. Which is great in theory and is something you should be doing. But you will eventually hit a brick wall and your progress will stop.

This is where one of my favorite natural bodybuilding tips comes into play, for something that is called the set progression. You never seem to hear much about the set progression model these days, but it is great for advancing fast in the gym.

It is simple enough to do; just add on an extra set onto your exercise every week, so instead of doing 3 sets you do 4. Adding on another set, is a great way to progress because you are doing another complete set which adds more volume to your workouts.

But like I said earlier where do you stop? As you cannot keep adding sets every week.

The best way to get around this is to use small training cycles. This is where you start of with say, 3 sets per exercise, then add on a set each week until reach 5 sets per exercise. Once you reach 5 sets, you drop back down to 3 sets the week after and increase the weight.

A sample 4 week cycle will look like this:

Week 1: 3 sets of 10 reps, with 50kg
Week 2: 4 sets of 10 reps, with 50kg
Week 3: 5 sets of 10 reps, with 50kg
Week 4: 3 sets of 10 reps, with 55kg And so on...

Does that seem simple enough? It is something you could try out and mess about with. I never see people using this natural bodybuilding training method, but is very effective.

Advanced Natural Bodybuilding Tips: Strength Progression

The strength progression method is another natural bodybuilding training method you do not see that much. But it is something that is almost mandatory to use if you want to get big.

Stronger muscles will be bigger muscles. Also, as you get stronger you will be able to lift more weight for higher volume and this is where you can make big muscle gains.

There are many methods of strength training you can use. Generally speaking, strength training is done with lower reps per set, which is around 1-5 reps per set.

One of the most popular strength training workouts is the 5x5 workout. It is a great workout for what it is, but I do not rate it that highly for the natural trainee. This is because it is hard to progress with the 5x5 method after a while.

You may do an extra rep or two every week, but this makes progress very slow and boring. I have gotten far better results using the 5-3-1 workout routine for developing my strength.

As well as better results, you can also mix in volume training with the 5-3-1 workout. Which is great for adding muscle mass.

William Coulter has over 10 years experience in the gym.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason_ke

Jason_ke

Great. Am gonna commit to a schedule and try this out. Sounds easy and workable. Especially with this coronavirus lockdown. I wouldnt mind trying out this routine.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!