• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Testosterone Boosting

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Learn how to boost Testosterone for bodybuilding!

Boosting Testosterone for Bodybuilding
By Adam Sinicki

Testosterone plays a large part in building and maintaining muscle and is largely responsible for the differences in men and women. It also gives men energy, ambition, confidence, a larger sex drive and even a more impressive erection meaning an increase in testosterone is understandably highly sought after for men in general and bodybuilders in particular. Unfortunately synthetic testosterone is also known as anabolic steroids (which we'll deal with below) but there is supposedly another way. Rather than simply filling your body with fake testosterone, testosterone boosters aim to cause your body to produce more testosterone naturally and so achieve the same results in a cheaper, more natural and more legal manner. There are problems with this however, namely the fact that most healthy adults under the age of 60 are already producing their maximum testosterone meaning it's not possible to boost it any further. Many claim then that the supplement is worthless.

I tried testosterone tablets for around six months and found no difference in my training as expected. What I did find however was a noticeable difference in my mood, my sex drive and yes, my erection. This was surprising and suggests that my testosterone had been raised a little, even if I didn't notice it in the gym. This probably benefited my muscles too though I imagine this benefit to be minimal. Still, the effect on my mood and general ambition, was noticeable and pleasant enough that I did recently add them to my stack once again so I suggest you give it a go and see what you think (though be aware if you have bad skin that testosterone can also exacerbate acne). Of course they'd also be highly useful for anyone who is struggling with low testosterone and potentially problems in the bedroom - which is why doctors prescribe something similar for those who have low T.

Testosterone boosters generally cost between $20-$30 or £10-£20. I recommend the American Forza-T from Instone (the UK version had to have some of the best ingredients removed for legal reasons), or Alpha Male or Tribex from Biotest. Whichever you use though look for tribulus terrestris, ZMA and 6-OXO in the ingredients.

There are other ways to boost your testosterone naturally however. For one sex will actually increase the amount of testosterone in your body. Your diet can help too and particularly if you eat red meats (also a good source of protein though be weary of the fat). Finally working out will boost your testosterone considerably so the more you train the more you'll gain from it and the more you'll feel motivated to do so.

In conclusion then it seems that testosterone boosters are only partially effective for bodybuilding if you're young. Perhaps not enough to warrant the $30 expense, but they certainly won't hurt either if you want to try something new. Either way trying to boost your testosterone is a good ambition for any man and any bodybuilder.

Source