• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Does intense workout help?

L

lokielovesbunny

Have you ever noticed people shouting and pushing each other during exercise does it really help to gain muscles ? or it is just to motivate a person, Because I feel we shouldn't go to too far as intense sometimes may lead to damage. but people believe in this method to get the max output from a person. Is this ever true.? help me

Reactions: Athanas
macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you ever noticed people shouting and pushing each other during exercise does it really help to gain muscles ? or it is just to motivate a person, Because I feel we shouldn't go to too far as intense sometimes may lead to damage. but people believe in this method to get the max output from a person. Is this ever true.? help me
Intensity and injury are 2 different things.
Pushing through your last few reps with the additional help of a spotter, getting that extra burn you normally might not be able to achieve isnt going to cause injury.
Injury more often comes when your going far to heavy, knowing darn well you shouldnt be using the weight your using. Or from using improper form doing and exercise. Not having the proper control of whatever exercise your doing. .not paying attention being to lax.. You need to stay focused keep that mind and muscle connection. If your trying to get a few extra reps be smart and using a spotter. Also, warm up.. To many people jump right in and go balls to the wall and havent allowed their muscles to even warm up and get blood pumping through them.. Then they cause injury and tears. You may need to warm up a little longer during the colder months... My 2cents.

Also. Stretching between sets helps also.

A

Athanas

Intense workout really helps. The harder you train, the stronger you become.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think intense workout helps. You will drain yourself and your muscles will wear out and you will eventually quit.

It is better not to rush. People's bodies are not the same. Some bodies no matter how had the person tries, there will be no muscles built.

S

SolidSa

The human physique is designed in a way that, when we put it under stress it adopts and it develops new muscle to handle the workload. Doing high-intensity workouts is the only way to make serious progress. Shouting and hearing loud music is a good way to stay focused and motivated during the workouts. Love the way Ronnie Shouts " Yeah Baby Light Weight!!!!"

A

Athanas

Intense workout causes strain both to body and mind.

B

Beyondfailure

I don't think intense workout helps. You will drain yourself and your muscles will wear out and you will eventually quit.

It is better not to rush. People's bodies are not the same. Some bodies no matter how had the person tries, there will be no muscles built.
So there are non responders? If someone eats and trains progressively and optimally they’ll gain no muscle?
Maybe, but very very rarely. Doesn’t apply to 99.99% of able bodied individuals.

You don’t think intense workouts help?
What about blood and guts? Dc? Jordan Peters style?
Show me one person who isn’t a Genetic freak who didn’t train hard and intense who built a big physique.
Wear your muscles out?
What does this even mean?
Recovery is important and if you’re taking proper time off or deloads and the routine is properly programmed and your nutrition is where it should be then how are the muscles worn out?
I’ve trained with bft, dc, and Yates and Mentzer hit styles since I first started 20 years ago.
Lots of people have trained intense for decades and not quit.
I’d say if you don’t train intense you’re leaving gains on the table

Reactions: KaiGold