• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Micky Ward

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former welterweight champion famously known for his ability to absorb punches, Micky Ward, recently disclosed in an interview about how his battle with CTE. Ward said that he gets severe headaches five days a week which is accompanied by nausea.

There is currently no cure fore CTE but the pain can be managed using therapy. Ward agreed to donate his brain and spinal column to Boston University's CTE Center when he dies.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs all the support he can receive. I read he also suffers from short-term memory loss.
Fun fact, Micky Ward was potrayed by Mark Wahlberg in the 2010 Oscar-nominated film, "The Fighter."

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like Mark Wahlberg's movies. I have never watched 'The Fighter' so this will be a great surprise.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wish the best for Micky.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hear his memory will deteriorate with time. So go to his social media and show your support by sending messages of love.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hear his memory will deteriorate with time. So go to his social media and show your support by sending messages of love.

That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine living with the knowledge that one day your memory will be no more!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine living with the knowledge that one day your memory will be no more!

I'm sure It is a terrifying feeling. I will find him on twitter and send my love.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm sure It is a terrifying feeling. I will find him on twitter and send my love.

I might just do the same.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lots of people are sending out their love, I saw it, trust me.

Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66

My buddy, and lifting legend (Ted Arcidi) was in the The Fighter.
Met Mickey once when he came into our office (I work in Lowell MA) where they unveiled a painting of him on the wall in the main Cafe' in the buildings lobby.
Friendly, humble guy, used to love watching him fight, specially the wars with Gatti. Saw him fight live a couple times as well, always a war...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are really lucky. Some of us have never gotten that kind of opportunity. I hope I'll get to meet at least one of the many legends we have.