• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Right training age

A

Athanas

Is there any specific age at which a person should do some specific exercises? For example, can a five-year-old boy begin weight lifting?

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

There is no right age to start exercises. I think the earlier the better. Have you seen the girls who do ballet? They are really flexible, right? Well, they had to start working out early so that they develop their bones being flexible. I am not so sure about weight lifting and how early one should start it. I would recommend you follow the suggestions of one specialized in that area.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was young, my uncle who is our neighbor has barbells in their open garage. One time my eldest brother who was 12 lifted the smallest barbell for curiosity. When my uncle saw that he reprimanded my brother in saying that lifting weights is only for adults. Until now that advice is vivid on my mind although I have no clear idea of what age is considered an adult.

L

lokielovesbunny

Well, when it comes to adult it means your body is able to handle certain sort of pressure/push, training programs or pain we can never push a child of 10 years to go beyond the lines, no studies have been shown that lifting weight at early age can stop muscles growth, but every coin has two sides not only child can actually the coordination of balance but can be tactful such as body awareness with time child can learn best. I think what child you should get during the training is just the right guidance and direction. Exercise can strengthen their bone and give them healthy weight which obviously enhance their confidence and self-esteem.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Recent studies have found that proper strength training will not damage a child's growth plates, stunt their growth, or affect their maximum potential size. The American College of Sports Medicine has said, “There is no current scientific evidence to support that early weight training will stunt a child's growth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TalkAdmin