• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Building muscles or losing weight

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm one of those who around 5 years ago, wanted to add some weight by building muscles. But I lost weight instead.

I know there are more people who experience the same. I think my experience was contributed by;

1. Not eating well.
2. Not having an instructor to guide me.
3. Not focusing on the types of exercises that were for my specific need.
4. Not knowing the best time to exercise.
5. Not knowing what nutrients my body needed or lacked.

So I will appreciate your input on why some people experience the opposite of what they expected during body building.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

Not staying responsible during the weekend

As the weekend approaches, everyone gets into a celebration mood. Some athletes even indulge in drinking alcohol disregarding the fact that athletes shouldn't drink any alcohol. Compromise is unpreventable but at the end of the day you are an adult and you know what suits you best. Making your absolute best should be your priority.

L

lokielovesbunny

As long as your healthy when I say this, it means your body organs are functioning properly, however giving nice shape to your body by doing exercise is all together different things having nice or well shaped body doesn't mean your healthy I've seen people dying in their young age even though they were looking healthy and were consuming healthy diet as well. I think we shouldn't focus on the look of our body only but how it works only than we can take care of ourselves, quitting sedentary lifestyle is the first step towards healthy life. breathing exercise avoiding chemical diet that's all we need to learn.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was a skinny teenager I was advised to lift small weights. I bought a dumbbell that was quite heavy for me because I felt that it would give me the muscles. I was doing good reps every day and sometimes not just in the morning but also in the afternoon. It was surprising that I was losing weight. Maybe what I needed was vitamins or appetizer to increase the volume of my food.

A

Athanas

I think the weight contributed by muscles is better than that contributed by fat.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the weight contributed by muscles is better than that contributed by fat.
It's hard for women to build muscles. Men have high testosterone hormone and so they can grow muscles faster than women. I now prefer eating well to gain weight and have my body built in a feminine way just by doing simple tasks like house chores and walking.

S

SolidSa

This is very true, would like to add one more important point that is always overlooked is sleep. Many bodybuilders would train hard but would completely ignore proper rest and sleep. The body would recover only during rest and sleep. Sleep is very important. Hope this helps.