• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mahershala Ali to play Jack Johnson in HBO series.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Two-time Oscar winner who recently stared in Tru Detective will be portraying the legendary boxer, Jack Johnson, in the HBO series 'Unruly'.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really admire how Jack Johnson lived his life even though it was during a period that was really dark for black people. I can't wait to watch even more so that Mahershala Ali is starring as Jack Johnson.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hear he was really into white women and that added fuel to the fire!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He moved to a white neighborhood where he was the only black guy. He lived his life the way he wanted and not how other people (whites especially) wanted.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He knew the exact buttons to push in order to get people talking. He was a master of his art.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't wait to get my hands on that series.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mahershala Ali has been saying over and over the years that playing Jack Johnson on screen is his dream role. Now that he has finally got it, I know he is going to straight-up murder it!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I mean playing the world's first Black Heavyweight Boxing Champion is no small role. Hell, I would love to get that role if I was in the Hollywood business.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jack Johnson was one tough son of a gun. He lived a defiance life in one of the most dangerous times in the US to be a black person, the Jim Crow era!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
During Jim Crow's time, white people treated black people like animals. They were tough times indeed!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I pretty sure 'Unruly' will be showing us how his actions created ripple waves that can still be witnessed to-date in the African-American communities' fight against injustice and racism.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The matching and demonstration that we see happening nowadays, definitely have it's roots in Jack Johnson.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We need more people with Jack Johnson's courage, especially now that things have gone to shit!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We need more people with Jack Johnson's courage, especially now that things have gone to shit!

We need to tap into his strengths and I know it will get us through these tough times.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Unruly" will be based on the Ken Burns documentary "Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Unruly" will be based on the Ken Burns documentary "Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson.

Tom Hanks production company, Playtone, will be producing the series. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think I have ever come across any Tom Hanks' project that I did not like. I am really eager to see what he does with 'Unruly'.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He did almost the whole of the "Cast Away" movie alone, which went ahead to earn $429.6 million from a budget of $90 million, in the Box Office. You have to remember this was in the year 2000.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cast Away was a damn good movie. I'm not that surprised it managed to make that much at the box office. I'm sure it even beat some super-hero movies.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Superhero movies do pretty well at the box office, especially MCU ones.