• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who were the best bodybuilders of all time?

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
So who do you think were the top 5 bodybuilders of all time? I am posting this top 5 bodybuilding list because I am almost in complete agreement with it. It is not only a matter of opinion but also where the most successful bodybuilders of all time. Check it out and let us know if you agree or not or who your top 5 bodybuilders are.

Top Five Bodybuilders Ever
By Petar Aki

Arnold
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Stats: 7 times Mr. Olympia (1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975 and 1980)
Height: 6 ft 2 in
Weight: 230-260 lbs

I choose Arnold Schwarzenegger as my top bodybuilder because he is the one that publicized the sport during the 1970s, due to his appearances in Pumping Iron and so on. Without him bodybuilding would not be so mainstream as it is right now. Not only did he publicize bodybuilding he inspired others that would come after him in the sport of bodybuilding. Overall Arnold Schwarzenegger "Came, saw and conquered" his never giving up attitude lead him to a life of success from bodybuilding to actor and then finally to governor of the American state of California. He truly is a superb role model for all of us.

Ronnie
Ronnie Coleman
Stats: 8 times Mr. Olympia (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005)
Height: 5 ft 11 in
Weight: 280-320 lbs

This man right here has to be one of the strongest bodybuilders in history. Well known for his "Yeah buddies" and "Aint nothing but a peanut", this Silverback Gorilla did 200 lbs dumbbells on the incline chest press and flat dumbbell press for 12 reps on each exercise. Lets just say that he pushed himself to the limits, and he always strives to do better. For example he sold all his luxury cars to open up his successful supplement company called the "Ronnie Coleman Signatures Series". Overall Ronnie Coleman gets you pumped to go to the gym, just watch a video on YouTube about him and you will see what I mean.

Dorian
Dorian Yates
Stats: 6 times Mr. Olympia (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1997)
Height: 5 ft 10 in
Weight: 260-305 lbs

The third best bodybuilder the world has even seen has to be Dorian Yates. He is known for his extremely dry and grainy conditioning look, his massive back and his ever lasting success (6 times Mr. Olympia and owner of DY Nutrition). However it wasn't always this way, the young Dorian Yates was in the wrong crowd, he joined a gang and eventually ended up going to jail where he proved to be the strongest inmate in the whole prison. When he got out he was determined to be a bodybuilder and that he did. He was also an advocate of HIT (high intensity training), he only trained 45 minutes a training session, but he gave it his all taking his body to complete failure. Some of his fellow competitors would train 3 or more hours a day in the gym, yet with HIT Dorian Yates won the Mr. Olympia six times in a row!
Jay Cutler
Stats: 4 times Mr. Olympia (2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010)
Height: 5 ft 9 in
Weight: 275-310 lbs

Jay
Jay Cutler has to be one of the most successful bodybuilders in history because of the way he markets himself. He appears on every major fitness magazine and is well known through out the fitness world. He has created various products such as supplements, fitness equipment (fat gripz) and etc. In bodybuilding you have to market yourself to be successful and Jay Cutler did that.
Mike Mentzer
Stats: 2nd place in the 1980 Mr. Olympia
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Weight: 225-250 lbs

Mike
Mike Mentzer may have never won the Mr. Olympia, however his revolutionary thinking earns himself the 5th spot on this list. Known as the smartest bodybuilder of all time due to his revolutionary training called high intensity training or HIT. He would hit his muscles hard going to complete failure then go home, rest and also eat to recover from the energy draining training. The results where tremendous he would gain weight in a very short time while also losing fat. Overall Mike Mentzer's teachings in bodybuilding gave many future bodybuilders a resource that they could us, one bodybuilder to do that is Dorian Yates and look where he ended up, six times Mr. Olympia.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
For me, the greatest physique off all time belonged to the late Sergio Oliva Sr. He won two consecutive Olympias and if not for Arnold and the Weider's anointing him the face of the sport, Sergio would have went on to win many more. The guy was a Cuban immigrant, became a citizen, learned the English language and became a full-time Chicago cop in the 60s; that area was just as much a shithole then as it is today. He was even shot by his wife and survived. LOL. His training routine was so intense that it blew Arnold away when he worked out with him early in his days in the US.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
For me, the greatest physique off all time belonged to the late Sergio Oliva Sr. He won two consecutive Olympias and if not for Arnold and the Weider's anointing him the face of the sport, Sergio would have went on to win many more. The guy was a Cuban immigrant, became a citizen, learned the English language and became a full-time Chicago cop in the 60s; that area was just as much a shithole then as it is today. He was even shot by his wife and survived. LOL. His training routine was so intense that it blew Arnold away when he worked out with him early in his days in the US.
Sergio was incredible!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

I would go with Arnold, he stood the taste of time. And he is a good example of "you can be anything you set your mind to". He managed to go from body building, to movies and then to politics. That's really great.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I'd take Sergio over Mentzer but they were both incredible.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!