• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Flex Lewis Out of 2020 Olympia - Injury

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
James "Flex" Lewis has posted a video where he announces that he will be unable to compete at the 2020 Mr. Olympia due to an injury he decided to keep to himself at this time. He apparently sustained it approximately three weeks ago and tried to 'fight through the pain,' but he was told by the doctors that his long-term health was at risk if he continued in his prep.

He also stated that he will put out another video at a later date with details on the injury and that he plans on competing again in the future.

What the issue is can be anyone's guess and it wouldn't be fair to Lewis to even speculate.

The multi-212 Olympia champion took a year off and bulked up to compete in the open class this year.

Here's the video from NPC News Online:

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
James "Flex" Lewis has posted a video where he announces that he will be unable to compete at the 2020 Mr. Olympia due to an injury he decided to keep to himself at this time. He apparently sustained it approximately three weeks ago and tried to 'fight through the pain,' but he was told by the doctors that his long-term health was at risk if he continued in his prep.

He also stated that he will put out another video at a later date with details on the injury and that he plans on competing again in the future.

What the issue is can be anyone's guess and it wouldn't be fair to Lewis to even speculate.

The multi-212 Olympia champion took a year off and bulked up to compete in the open class this year.

Damnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! it

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
He was the one I was most looking forward to seeing up there in the open. Of course, the return of Phil Heath is another huge story. But Flex's absence will be felt. I'll have to refresh my memory & see the list of qualifiers again, but this show was and still is wide open. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roelly Winklaar win and I still feel he should have taken the Sandow last year. Curry is a great bodybuilder, but far from a dominant one in the Schwarzenegger/Haney/Coleman/Heath category.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going to miss Flex but I'd love to see Heath on stage again.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

I'm curious about Heath and glad he is back, as well. Unless no one else totally stands out, he has a good a chance as anyone to reclaim it. But I think he burnt too many bridges and will get passed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Will miss seeing him in men's open at the o this year.
SmartSelect 20201019 184503 Instagram

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I'm curious about Heath and glad he is back, as well. Unless no one else totally stands out, he has a good a chance as anyone to reclaim it. But I think he burnt too many bridges and will get passed on.

This.

Also, from the pics he posted lately he kinda looks "smaller" at this point in prep compared to years ago, and I am still not sure he fixed his stomach problem.

He won't have a waist like in 2011 that's for sure.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

This.

Also, from the pics he posted lately he kinda looks "smaller" at this point in prep compared to years ago, and I am still not sure he fixed his stomach problem.

He is obviously passed his prime, coming off surgery and a long layoff. So even top three for Heath should seem like a positive, but he is an 'all-or-nothing' guy and should be after winning seven Olympia titles. Does he come back after this regardless of how he does?

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

This.

He is obviously passed his prime, coming off surgery and a long layoff. So even top three for Heath should seem like a positive, but he is an 'all-or-nothing' guy and should be after winning seven Olympia titles. Does he come back after this regardless of how he does?

If he wins easily (that likely wont happen) i think he would come back for a record breaker

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Do you guys want to do a top 6?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Sure. Why not? A separate thread?
Yeah Joe, I will get one up soon.

Thanks brother!

Cool. I'll be sure to throw my picks in. Seems like another wide open show like last year. A lot of difference scenarios can take place. I haven't seen much of these guys online due to the shutdown and all, so it will be more of a guess figuring they are coming in to the show in shape. Just for the hell of it, I'll pick Roelly now since I still feel he deserved it last year. Flex Lewis was my original pick months ago but with him now dropping out, we're looking at last year's main guys plus Heath.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Thanks brother!

Cool. I'll be sure to throw my picks in. Seems like another wide open show like last year. A lot of difference scenarios can take place. I haven't seen much of these guys online due to the shutdown and all, so it will be more of a guess figuring they are coming in to the show in shape. Just for the hell of it, I'll pick Roelly now since I still feel he deserved it last year. Flex Lewis was my original pick months ago but with him now dropping out, we're looking at last year's main guys plus Heath.

Agree for the top 6 guess game.

I also thought Flex is gonna win the O this year, but now I would bet on a Curry repeat.
The only thing that Roelly is missing imo is a complete back development with better lats.
Conditioning last year was on point though.

Also for some reason I cannot see Phil coming back in one of his Olympia winning forms, even like 2015 let's say, which could be good enough to win this year, and also last year.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Thanks brother!

I also thought Flex is gonna win the O this year, but now I would bet on a Curry repeat.
The only thing that Roelly is missing imo is a complete back development with better lats.

Also for some reason I cannot see Phil coming back in one of his Olympia winning forms, even like 2015 let's say, which could be good enough to win this year, and also last year.
I completely agree.

Do you have time to put up the top 6 thread this year? You always do them so well!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Thanks brother!

Between age, the long layoff, injuries & pissing off the powers that be, Heath's only chance is if all of the other top names are way off. And that's not going to happen.