• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Crash Course in Bodybuilding Nutrition

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Here is great article on bodybuilding nutrition.

Ronnie coleman NUTRITION

If you want to build massive amounts of rock hard muscle mass, then you need to master the fundamentals of bodybuilding nutrition. While there are many important components to a muscle gain program, none is more important than a well thought out muscle building nutrition blueprint.

Outlined below are 5 tips to help you get your bodybuilding nutrition program on the fast track to building more muscle mass.

1.) Make sure to drink enough water to properly hydrate your body and aid in the muscle building process. I like to drink somewhere between 1 and 1.5 gallon of water a day, depending on how long I train and the temperature outside. Your ideal water consumption goal will vary, but shooting for 1 gallon of water spread out throughout the day is a great place to start!

2.) Eat ample amounts of energy rich carbohydrates spread throughout the day. Sure we all know that protein is the critical nutrient when it comes to building muscle mass, but I guarantee you'll have a hard time finding the energy levels required to build muscle mass if you don't eat a variety of carbohydrates spaced out every few hours.

3.) Eat enough muscle building protein to aid in the repair and recovery of damaged muscle cells. There are a lot of varying opinions about how much protein you actually need to consume to build muscle mass. I tend to see good results with the 1 - 1.5 grams of high quality muscle building protein per pound of body weight each day methodology. At this level, it doesn't feel like I'm eating too much protein but it's enough for me to see decent muscle growth.

4.) Make it a habit to consume a nutrient dense and quickly absorbed post workout meal within 20 minutes of putting up the weights. This is the critical bodybuilding nutrition "window of opportunity" that you hear so much about. Your body is worn down and tired, not to mention beginning the recovery and growth process - it just makes sense to flood your body with high quality, quickly absorbed bodybuilding nutrients.

5.) Make sure to eat enough dietary fat to fuel muscle growth. While protein is typically considered the most important muscle-building nutrient, you will not build any muscle without eating enough dietary fat. If you're concerned about the health consequences of eating too much fat, focus on the heart healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.

If you're serious about building muscle mass, take some time to learn the basic bodybuilding nutrition principles. While not very exciting a solid diet can go a long way to ensure your muscle building success.

Bodybuilding Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2029349