• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Australian tennis Open starts on February 8

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The top seeds for the men’s division in the Australian 2021 tennis Open….
Novak Djokovic is the top seed followed by Rafael Nadal, Dominic Thiem and Daniil Medvedev.

In the women’s division Sofia Kenin will defend her title but she will be seeded #4 only. The top seed in the women’s is still Australian Ashley Barty who is ranked world #1. Simona Halep is ranked and seeded #2 while the 3rd seed is Naomi Osaka.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a happy news for tennis fans in Asia because the Australian tennis Open will be covered live by Fox Sports channel. We have a cable provider with 2 Fox Sports Asia channels so I am sure that I can watch the tennis matches live. It is also nice to watch when you have a bet on the players although just a little bet will do to make it more exciting in watching the matches.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the betting odds it is not a surprise to see on the top spot Novak Djokovic for the men’s category and Naomi Osaka for the women’s. The top 4 in the men’s aside from Djokovic are Rafael Nadal, Dominic Thiem and Daniil Medvedev. The top 4 in the women’s aside from Osaka are Serena Williams, Ashleigh Barty and Aryna Sabalenka. The defending champion Sofia Henin is only #6 in the betting.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
World number 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic is excited to play in Melbourne for the Australian Open Tennis Tournament. He played with no crowds for 1 year due to the pandemic restrictions. This time the Melbourne Park will accept 25,000 spectators to watch the tennis matches. Djokovic is not alone in his excitement because the seeded players for the Autralian Open have also voiced the same opinion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Australian Open tennis tournament finally started with a big bang for the seeded players. German 6th seed Alexander Zverev won over Marcos Giron in 4 sets of 6-7, 7-6, 6-3, 62. Belgian seed #3 Dominic Thiem accomplished his 1st round match against Mikhai Kukushkin in 3 sets 7-6, 6-2, 6-3. Former Australian champion 17th seed Stan Wawrinka eliminated Pedro Sousa in 3 sets 6-3, 6-2, 6-4.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Day 2 of the Australian Open and the favorites are still dominating the matches except #12 seed Victoria Azarenka who vowed to Jessica Pegula in 2 sets 7-5, 6-4. Azarenka had a medical timeout due to slight difficulty in breathing. The 3rd day will be the 2nd round matches which would be more exciting because the pairings would be slightly even now than the 1st round.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seed #8 and 2019 US Open champion Bianca Andreescu was the first casualty of day 3 of the Australian Open. She succumbed to the consistent shot of Hsieh Su-Wei in 2 sets 6-3, 6-2. Obviously Andreescu might have missed playing in her 15 months away from competition due to the pandemic. Another casualty is #9 seed Petra Kvitova who lost to Romanian Sorana Cirstea in 3 sets 6-4, 1-6, 6-1. Missing was the aces of Kvitova in her serve that she had several double faults.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 2nd round match showed the grit and consistency of #2 seed Simona Halep. Pretty even with 1 set apiece, Halep battled Ajla Tomljanovic game by game, when she was down 5-2 in the final set. But Halep was able to even the set with 5-5 then overtook Tomljanovic at 6-5 and got the last game for the win at 7-5. It was one thrilling match that wowed everyone. Halep will be facing 32nd seed Veronika Kudermetova in the 3rd round.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After Halep had escaped the axe of unseeded Ajla Tomljanovic it was unfortunate for Sofia Kenin to be eliminated by unseeded Kaia Kanepi in 2 sets 6-3, 6-2 on the powerful serve of Kanepi. On the other court top seed Ashleigh Barty was given a hard time by wild card Daria Gavrilova in the 2nd set to reach a tie-break. Barty escaped with a 6-1, 7-6 match. More than 10 seeded players in the women’s category were eliminated and more than 10 as well in the men’s category.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Australian Open was greatly affected by covid when the government imposed a lockdown of 5 days starting on Feb 13. During the match of Dominic Thiem and Nick Kyrgios which lasted after midnight of February 12, the spectators were asked to leave and there was no more spectator before the set 5 started. Eventually Thiem won over Kyrgios in 5 sets.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
An exciting match to watch is between 2nd seed Simona Halep and 15th seed Iga Swiatek. It can be remembered that Swiatek had defeated Halep in the 2nd round of the French Open last year. Swiatek was the eventual winner of the French Open when she defeated Sofia Kenin in the finals. In the first 2 sets it was even with 1 set apiece for Halep and Swiatek but Halep rallied in the 3rd set to win 3-6, 6-1, 6-4. Halep will face Venus Williams in the quarterfinals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The tragedy in the 4th round is the dismal loss of 3rd seed Dominic Thiem to 18th seed Grigor Dimitrov in 3 sets 6-4, 6-4, 6-0. There was no explanation by Thiem how he lost that way but he hinted of a little physical problem and nothing more. This is one good attitude of tennis players. They avoid giving excuses on their loss. It’s just a game and there will be another match in the next tournament. An upset in the women’s single is the win of Hsieh Su-Wei in 2 sets of 6-4, 6-2 over 19th seed Marketa Vondrousova.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unseeded Aslan Karatsev of Russia enters the semi finals after an upset of #18 seed Grigor Dimitrov 2-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-2. Dimitrov had physical problems that developed in his loss on the 2nd set and obviously Karatsev was lucky to have the momentum to beat the favored Bulgarian. He may be facing another Russian in the semi-finals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The semi finals for the women’s category will be contested by #3 seed Naomi Osaka and #10 seed Serena Williams. In the other match it will be 25th seed Karolina Muchova to be facing #22 seed Jennifer Brady of the US. Muchova has eliminated top seed Ashleigh Barty in the quarterfinals in 3 sets 1-6. 6-3, 6-2.

In the men’s category top seed Novak Djokovic is paired with unseeded Russian Aslan Karatsev who disposed of Grigor Dimitrov in 4 sets. Seed #5 Stefano Tsitsipas upset 2nd seed Rafael Nadal in 5 sets 3-6, 2-6, 7-6, 6-4, 7-5. He will meet #4 seed Daniil Medvedev in the semis.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The women’s semi final games went on contrasting styles. Seed #3 Naomi Osaka bested 10th seed Serena Williams in easy 2 sets 6-3, 6-4. In the other match it was a cliffhanger before Jennifer Brady was able to earn the win over Karolina Muchova in 3 sets 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 with the last game took a long time with multiple deuce and advantage by both players. Brady will be facing Osaka in the finals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Before the finals of the women’s single the men’s single semi-finals was decided between Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas and Russian Daniil Medvedev. Shades of the Tsitsipas and Nadal tussle, Tsitsipas was trailing by 2 sets when he launched a rally to go ahead by 4-3 in the 3rd set. Unfortunately his effort was no enough. Tsitsipas succumbed in the 3rd set 7-5. Medvedev enters the finals against Novak Djokovic.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After a tight first set that Novak Djokovic won 7-5, it was easy sailing on the next 2 sets. The match ended in only 3 sets for Novak Djokovic to claim another grand slam victory to win $2,000,000 plus prize money. Daniil Medvedev seemed to have lost his momentum to lose 5-7, 2-6, 2-6 and went home with more than $1,000,000 as runner up.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The finals of the women’s single was decided in 2 sets with Naomi Osaka clearly overwhelming the opposition put up by Jennifer Brady. The match ended in 2 sets for the Japanese-American Osaka 6-4, 6-3. It was the 2nd grand slam win for Osaka in the Australian Open which won for her $2,00,000 and Brady collected $1,000,000 for her runner up prize.