• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Manny Pacquiao nixes idea to fight Conor McGregor

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With the recent loss of MMA fighter Conor McGregor to Dustin Poirier in the UFC promotion, the planned bout with Manny Pacquiao is obviously scrapped. Pacquiao had not fought for more than a year but he is confident that he is still fit to box. Now he is eyeing Ryan Garcia, the internet star of boxing who is good looking with also a good looking fight record of 21 wins and no losses with 18 KOs. The young Garcia is the money maker of Golden Boy Promotions. There are talks that the fight can happen before the month of June.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is a fight I would more than love to watch. Even though Manny Pacquiao has been out of the game for a while, I believe he is going to give Ryan Garcia a run for his money.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most boxers did not get an opportunity to fight last year because of the coronavirus pandemic. I feel like it is going. To be a fair fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At this early there is already the betting odds if ever the bout between Manny Pacquiao and Ryan Garcia will materialize. Pacquiao is favored at -140 while slight underdog is Garcia with +110. That means you have to bet 140 to win 100 on Pacquiao and betting 100 on Garcia you can win 110. Don’t forget that Garcia has proved his staying power when he was knocked down by Luke Campbell in the 2nd round early this year. But Garcia was able to win by 7th round TKO with body punches.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Garcia is Golden Boy's number one money maker and that is not because of his good looks. The kid can handle his own and he has proved it multiple times. That is why Manny is going to have a tough time in the ring.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why but I feel like Garcia is taking this one home with a knockout.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why but I feel like Garcia is taking this one home with a knockout.

That maybe because of the age difference. But experience beats age, any day.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let us wait and see how it all goes down.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For sure the betting odds will drastically change in favor of Ryan Garcia when the fight is formalized with an official announcment. Golden Boy Promotions of Oscar Dela Hoya will work with MP Promotions to handle the mega fight of Ryan Garcia versus Manny Pacquiao. The age factor will be the big difference. Ryan is 22 years old while Pacquiao is already 42. No matter how you look at it the age will take its toll on Pacman in the later rounds. That means Pacman has to end the fight early otherwise he may be at a big disadvantage in the later rounds.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After the news that there is good development in talks of fight between Ryan Garcia and Manny Pacquiao, the president of Golden Boy Promotions that is handling the career of Garcia said that the fight against Pacquiao will not happen. Eric Gomes added that they are looking at Teofimo Lopez for the acid test of Ryan Garcia. Still undefeated, Lopez had beaten heavy favorite Vasiliy Lomachenko by unanimous decision on his last outing while Garcia had defeated British champion Luke Campbell by 7th round TKO.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was really looking forward to this fight. I mean Teofimo Lopez is cool and everything but he is not Manny Pacquiao.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At least Teofimo is a worthy opponent.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Teofimo will have to do. Also, it is not like we have a choice.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Teofimo Lopez is going to make the fight more entertaining.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I need a good fight. This seems like a last minute thing. I hope it will be as entertaining as the Manny Pacquiao fight would have been.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I need a good fight. This seems like a last minute thing. I hope it will be as entertaining as the Manny Pacquiao fight would have been.

The age difference was bugging me out. At least, now it won't be the reason why someone loses a fight.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm just glad the found someone who will at least earn the money. Most of these fighters don't deserve to get in the ring because they belong in the trash with the rest of the garbage crew.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ryan Garcia is the new Canelo Alvarez.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ryan Garcia is the new Canelo Alvarez.

There is no doubt about that. I feel Pretty soon Garcia will sign a huge deal now that Canelo is out of his way.