• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC Heavyweight bout – Overeem vs Volkov on February 6

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On February 6 UFC is presenting the heavyweight fight between #5 contender Alistair Overeem and Alexander Volkov. The betting odds is currently favoring Volkov at -177 while Overeem is the underdog at +152. Overeem from The Netherlands has a fight record of 45-18 with 1 NC while Volkov from Russia has a fight record of 31-7. Since both heavyweights are strikers so it is expected that the bout will not last for more than 2 rounds. My personal take on the fight is Volkov where my money goes because of the volume of his strikes while Overeem is a one-punch knockout artist.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know that much about these two but there is a lot of talk about this fight. I hope I will be able to remember when the time comes.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
C'mon, do we even need to discuss this one. Volkov is obviously taking this one home.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One day before the fight, Volkov is now -200 in the betting odds while Overeem remains the underdog at +170.

The co-main event looks exciting with Frankie Edgar going down to Bantamweight division against. Cory Sandhagen. Unfortunately for Edgar the betting odds is against him this time at +320 while Sandhagen is the betting favorite at -410.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a bloody fight that ended in round 2 when the referee stopped the fight to save Alistair Overeem from more injuries. A strong punch by Alexander Volkov sent Overeem to the mat. With his bloody nose Overeem seened injured that he had lost his motivation to fight with a probable broken nose. Volkov was the favorite in the betting odds at -200 and he proved the oddsmaker correct with the knockout win. Now Volkov is asking for a title fight.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I told you Volkov is no joke. I mean, there is no way in hell I would ever get in a fight with that crazy bastard.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I stand corrected. Turns out you were right.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the co-main event, Frankie Edgar suffered a TKO with a flying knee from Cory Sandhagen. It was a very short fight of 28 seconds only that had an unexpected end. Edgar is always a moving that opponents have a difficulty of hitting the target. But Sandhagen was able to time his jump to hit the jaw of Edgar with his knee. Edgar fell on the mat unconscious for a knockout that the referee stopped the contest.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG! That was effin brutal! I still can't believe it. I thought he was dead.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is that type of fight that I hate. How the hell do you pay for 28 seconds worth of entertainment. They should have given refunds. Total waste of time and perfectly good money.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fight sucked. No one is denying that.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didn't even last a minute. What a damn shame.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But with a hit like that, I'm just glad he got out there in one piece.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But with a hit like that, I'm just glad he got out there in one piece.

It's MMA. What the hell did he think he was getting himself into?

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where does Alistair Overeem go from here? That was not a good performance from him. Maybe he should retire.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where does Alistair Overeem go from here? That was not a good performance from him. Maybe he should retire.
He better head back to training because that is where needs to be.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet he is nursing that broken nose because Demolition Man ​did a number on him.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet he is nursing that broken nose because Demolition Man ​did a number on him.

The second round was brutal for Overeem. He needs time to figure shit out.