• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The ATP Cup 2021 in Melbourne

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The first day of the ATP Cup 2021 saw the top seeds in contrasting results in their first game. Novak Djokovic defeated Denis Shapovalov in 2 sets of 7-5, 7-5 while Dominic Thiem lost to Matteo Berrettini 2-6, 4-6. As of presstime Pablo Carreno-Busta was able to breezed through in his match with John Millman with a 6-2, 6-4 win. The ATP Cup is the traditional cup of the Association of Tennis Professionals and the tournament is only for the male players.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The day 2 of ATP Cup displayed the grit of Greek standout Stefanos Tsitsipas by beating Alex De Minaur in 2 sets of 6-3, 7-5. German Alexander Zverev, the other long-haired player like Tsitsipas, also was tested by Canadian Denis Shapovalov before bowing to Zverev in 3 sets of 6-7, 6-3, 7-6. Another seeded player who won is Daniil Medvedev over Japanese Kei Nishikori in 2 sets of 6-2, 6-4. The ATP Cup has a total prize of $7.5 million.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is the 2nd to the final day of the ATP Cup 2021 that is likened to the semi-final. The tournament is a group effort that every win gets a point that will be totaled at the end of the tournament. It looks like Spain is on the lead but not a comfortable lead because Rafael Nadal, their spark plug is not in the singles matches due to back muscle problems. Lucky for the team Spain that Pablo Carreno-Busta is ably holding their flag.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dominic Thiem finally got a win over the walkover of Benoit Paire after Thiem got the first set 6-1. In another match, world #1 Noval Djokovic had a stiff tussle with German Alexander Zverev where Djokovic emerged victorious in 3 sets of 6-7, 6-2, 7-5. Without Rafael Nadal at the helm, Spain marched to the finals on the strength of Pablo Carreno-Busta’s 6-3, 6-4 win over Michail Pervolarakis.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The finals of the ATP was unexpected because of the unexpected exit of Spain and also of Germany. It was a couragous fight by Team Italy but the Russians seemed to be on the winning line with their performance. Andrey Rublev trashed Fabio Fognini 6-1, 6-2 and Daniil Medvedev had his own victory over Matteo Berrettini in 2 sets of 6-4, 6-2. Team Russia won the finals of ATP Cup 2021 with those 2 magnificent wins.