• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The potato diet, does it really work for weight loss ?

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

I have been reading a book called “the Starch Solution”, by Dr. McDougall, and watching some videos about how important it is to have starchy foods, even when we want to lose weight.

I was really surprised to see the story of the Australian man who went on a potato only diet, after reading Dr. McDougall’s book. Eating nothing except plain potatoes (no butter or sour cream !) , he stayed healthy, lost weight, and was able to stay on the diet.
Has anyone else read this book , or tried the potato diet, or even just the starch diet to lose weight ?

935B2BAA 3BC2 48FC 93A1 C735BD72B1DB

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the northern part of our country where potato farming is a big industry a missionary priest was promoting potato as the staple instead of rice. He said that it can be eaten boiled or mashed with a little butter for taste (but some prefer salt). The priest was 60 at that time and looked trim maybe because of the potato that he eats every day.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Neither one sounds very healthy as a diet staple. They are both carbs only. Not much nutritional value though the potato has potassium.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ashfitness365

ashfitness365

Yes, it can!

However, fried potatoes may also come with some potential negative effects, including weight gain, especially when consumed in large amounts.

Ultimately, portion size and cooking methods have a major influence on the health effects of potatoes.

When enjoyed in moderation and prepared in a healthy way, potatoes can be a nutritious addition to your diet.

L

lokielovesbunny

Well there is myth about potato that it adds extra weight, as per the recent study they found that eating plain potato claimed to add weight lose obviously eating anything in excessive amount will gain the weight even if it is "Plain White Rice" not only this even if you follow the proper rules of eating you may lose upto 12 pound even potato are high in many nutrient. so I think you shouldn't feel hesitate to add potato in your diet plan that's all I'm saying.