• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC 259 – Light heavyweight title fight - Blachowicz vs Adesanya

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz will be defending his belt against middleweight champion Israel Adesanya on March 7. Adesanya is attempting to be a double champion like Daniel Cormier and the others before him. However, Adesanya has plans of moving up to heavyweight in case he wins. That’s a tall order but certainly a record that would be hard to break to be UFC champion in 3 divisions simultaneously. Adesanya is undefeated with 20 wins while Blachowicz has a fight record of 27-8.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both of these guys have impressive resumes. Number 3 versus Number 15. Clash of the Titans.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unification bout. Can't wait.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The co-main event is the championship fight of Amanda Nunes defending her featherweight belt against Megan Anderson. Presently Nunes is a double champion who also holds the bantamweight belt. Both fighters have 4 losses for their records, Nunes with 20 wins while Anderson has 11 wins. As of this time Nunes is a heavy favorite running at -900 in the betting odds giving the impression that Anderson has a very slim chance of winning. My take on the fight is that Nunes will have an easy time because she is not only more skilled but definitely stronger than Anderson.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a feeling Amanda Nunes is going to continue her dominance.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a feeling Amanda Nunes is going to continue her dominance.
I haven't checked for women fighters before but I guess I can start with these two.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not content with 2 championship fights, UFC 259 will have the 3rd title figth between flyweight champion Petr Yan and Aljamain Sterling. With only 1 loss and 15 wins, Yan is favored over Sterling who has a fight record of 19-3. However, Sterling cannot be discounted with his skill set that he is also a striker and a grappler who can give Yan a problem with the takedowns. As of the present time the odds are almost even with Yan and Sterling both at -110 pick ‘em.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If there is anything I have learned since the year began, is you cannot underestimate the little guy.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love the David vs Goliath kind of fights.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No one is going to root for the raping and pillaging giants.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No one is going to root for the raping and pillaging giants.

Makes sense. We are all soldier on this earth, whether you are a giant or a dwarf.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz retained his belt by a unanimous decision to inflict the first defeat of UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya. Being a +250 underdog it was not expected for the champion to win by a mile. Maybe it is the heft (natural weight) of Blachowicz that spelled the difference. With a takedown and full ground control in the 4th and 5th round, it was a sure defeat for Adesanya who looked helpless under the weight of Blachowicz.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a close fight. The scores were (49-45, 49-46).

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is Adesanya's first loss in 21 pro MMA bout. That has to sting.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is Adesanya's first loss in 21 pro MMA bout. That has to sting.

Adesanya's arrogance is moderated now. He even planned to go up to heavyweight if he had defeated Blachowicz. Well, that's a lesson to be learned... in humility.

In the other title fights, it was a first round tap by champion Amanda Nunes over challenger Megan Anderson who was a +550 underdog. No sweat for Nunes.

In the 3rd title fight, UFC flyweight champion Petr Yan lost his belt due to disqualification in the 4th round. The fight looked even until Yan hit Sterling with a knee while Sterling’s one knee was on the ground. It was an illegal strike on Sterling’s head. Sterling won the belt by that disqualification.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Megan Anderson went down so fast. Just when it was starting to get interesting.