• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ben Askren to fight Jake Paul in boxing

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After MMA fighter Ben Askren’s failed try in UFC when he lost fights to Damien Maia and Jorge Masvidal, he is now venturing in a boxing match against Youtube star Jake Paul. It is surprising for Askren to say that it will be his biggest payday like insinuating the small purse that he earned from mixed martial arts. The bout will be at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.on April 17.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jake Paul was a -180 favorite over former MMA champion Ben Askren who is a +155 underdog. True to his billing as the betting favorite, Jake Paul showed his power punches by knocking out Ben Askren in the 1st round of their bout. It was a quick knockdown but Askren was able to beat the count. However, the referee saw tha Askren was not normal anymore so he stopped the fight after just 2 minutes. As a consolation to Askren he earned in this fight his biggest purse.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Was this one of those fake fights? Jake Paul is not a professional fighter is he?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Was this one of those fake fights? Jake Paul is not a professional fighter is he?

Yes, Jake Paul is a YouTube star and not a real athlete much more a pro boxer.

The co-main event of the Paul-Askren bout was the bout between former WBA super welterweight champion Regis Prograis and Ivan Redkach. In the 6th round, Prograis released what was claimed to be a low blow that caused Redkach to fold and discountinued the fight. But the replay showed otherwise so it was a technical decision win for Prograis. However the Gerogia State Athletic Commission changed the decision to a TKO for Prograis which means they didn’t believe that it was a low blow. Maybe Redkach should be given an Oscar for his acting.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You gotta give it to these guys, they really know how to make that money.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember people were really invested in the Jake Paul bout like crazy. Big-up to Jake Paul for making these kinds of boss moves.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obviously, Askren took a dive.