• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBC bantamweight title – Oubaali vs Donaire

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nordine Obaali will defend his WBC bantamweight title against top contender Nonito Donaire in Los Angeles on May 29. Donaire who is a 4-division champion has a fight record of 40-6 with 26 KOs while the champion is undefeated with 17 wins and 12 KOs. Both fighters were out of the ring for more than a year.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It has been a minute since I saw Nordine in action. This is going to be amazing.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nordine Oubaali is obviously going to retain his title, no doubt.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We all know Oubaali is taking this one home. It is already in the bag.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Oubali-Donaire bout will be held in California’s Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson City. It will be the main event to be supported by the bout between Subriel Matias and Batyrzhan Jukembayev which is touted to be exciting. Jukembayev is undefeated with 18 wins and 14 KOs while Matias has only 1 loss and 16 KOs in all of his wins. Fireworks is expected and it will be a short bout according to pundits.

Although Donaire is my countryman but I have to be honest to myself. I think Donaire is already over the hill so it is better for him to retire.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Donaire is definitely going down, that is for sure.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It looks like Nonito Donaire is aiming for an upset because Nordine Oubaali is a heavy favorite in the betting. The bout is on May 29 under Showtime. However, pundits are one in saying that Donaire should aim for retirement and not for an upset. Well, in boxing age really matters much. Like Pacquiao who is 42 now, Donaire is nearing retirement at 38 years so he should not wish for more.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The unexpected happened and it was a big upset for the big underdog Nonito Donaire. The win was not just a win but a TKO. After 2 rounds of sizing up each other, Donaire released his famed left hook in the 3rd round that felled Oubaali. Beating the count, the champion looked okay. But another Donaire left hook brought Oubaali down on the canvas just a second before the bell sounded. In the 4th round, the next knockdown looked fatal as the referee stopped the fight. Donaire now holds the record for the oldest bantamweight champion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff