• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC 261 – Usman vs Masvidal

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Undefeated Kamaru Usman will defend his UFC welterweight title against Jorge Masvidal on Sunday, April 25. This is actually a rematch because Usman had already defeated Masvidal via a unanimous decision when Masvidal was called on a short notice. But this time Masvidal has a full training camp so the result might not be the same even if Usman is a -400 favorite in the betting odds.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Usman wins again. I know he wasn't satisfied with the first fight , but he is pretty happy with the second one.

Last edited:
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That knockout finished Masvidal completely.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a fairly good round for champion Usman but quite close with the unexpected shots of Masvidal. But in the 2nd round there was the haymaker of Usman that felled Masvidal. It was a KO finish for Usman to retain his belt. Now the rumor that Usman had plans of retiring may be true because there is no worthy opponent in sight now. No one in the top 10 can be considered a pretender to the belt.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dana White has confirmed that Colby Covington will be Kamaru Usman's next opponent.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dana White has confirmed that Colby Covington will be Kamaru Usman's next opponent.

It is part of being a UFC champion. It comes with the job.

- - - Updated - - -

It is part of being a UFC champion. After you take down an opponent, another one is always lurking at the corner. It comes with the job.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is part of being a UFC champion. It comes with the job.

- - - Updated - - -

It is part of being a UFC champion. After you take down an opponent, another one is always lurking at the corner. It comes with the job.

I feel like being a champion really sucks. Someone is always looking to take you down.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The co-main event of UFC 261 was pretty exciting with the Chinese champion Zhang Weili looking invincible while the challenger Rose Namajunas was looking frail. Zhang was -200 favorite over the former champion. Unfortunately for the Chinese champion, she was hit by a high kick of Namajunas that felled her. With the follow up shots of Namajunas, the referee stopped the fight to save Zhang from more injuries. Namajunas regains the UFC strawweight title by KO in the 1st round.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another title fight in the UFC 261 fight card is the defense of Valentina Shevchenko of her UFC flyweight belt against former strawweight champion Jessica Andrade. It was a good tit-for-tat in the first round although Shevchenko showed her supremacy on the takedown. In the 2nd round, Andrade was taken down and the champion did her striking with the fist and elbow. Having no defense on what Shevchenko was doing, the referee stopped the fight for TKO finish for Shevchenko to retain her championship belt.