• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bavarian Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
German tennis star Alexander Zverev is the top seed in this local tournament of his country. In the round of 16, Zeverev will square off with unseeded Ricardas Berankis. Seed #2 Casper Ruud will meet Pablo Cuevas while seed #4 Filip Krajinovic will play against Yannik Hanfmann. The top seed is a big favorite in the betting odds to win the tournament with ease.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As expected top seed Alexander Zverev breezed past Ricardas Berankis 6-2, 6-4. He will meet Ilya Ivashka in the quarterfinals. Other quarterfinalists are 2nd seed Casper Ruud who will face John Millman. It can be noted that there are no named players with high world rankings in this tournament because this overlaps with the Madrid Open which has a higher purse and more participants.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The quarterfinal result was disappointing because the German tennis star who is the top seed lost to unseeded Ilya Ivashka 6-7, 7-5, 6-3. Goodbye Alexander Zverev. In the other quarterfinal matches the match between Casper Ruud and John Millman was suspended after the first set of 6-3 won by Ruud. The match between seed #5 Nicoloz Basilashvili and Norbert Gombos was also suspended. Fortunately for seed #7 Jan-Lennard Struff defeated Filip Krajinovic in a close 3 sets of 6-4, 4-6, 7-6.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The finals is set between Jan-Lennard Struff and Nikoloz Basilashvili after they emerged in the semis. Struff won over Ilya Ivashka who eliminated top seed Alexander Zverev in the quarterfinals. The match ended in 2 sets 6-4, 6-1. In the other semis, Basilashvili trounced 2nd seed Casper Ruud 6-1, 6-2. It is a toss up between Struff and Basilashvili although pundits choose Struff to win the trophy of the Bavarian Open.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The finals was a close match between Jan-Lennard Struff and Nikoloz Basilashvili was a close one that ended in 2 sets 6-4, 7-6. The tie-break in the 2nd set looked to be in favor of Struff until Basilashvili had consecutive points that finished the tie in 7 points to 5. Just to make a bit of a segue way, it is really disappointing that Alexander Zverev failed to defend the trophy of this local tournament.