• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Exercise or Yoga ?

• Thread starter lokielovesbunny
  • Start date
L

lokielovesbunny

As, we all know that lockdown have affected many lives around the world, thousand of people have lost their jobs and struggling in their day to day life. amid all of this, health is the top priority in every individual's life, and a well healthy life contains many factors behind as it starts with your morning-routine to well-planned diet chart so goes with the choice of exercise or yoga. I think what I believe we should follow both in our life, Yoga is not only for your outer body experience but can boost you up at great level internally that can't be possible through exercise, the biggest difference you may notice in them is just like that, after doing we feel tire or drink any booster to rejuvenate ourselves but in case of yoga we feel opposite, we feel refresh more energetic than before and light.

which one do you think is the best or should we take both. ?

Reactions: Charlie and TalkAdmin
Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both for sure. Yoga is more about meditation then actual exercise. You could say that yoga is exercise for the soul so both need to be incorporated into your routine. I incorporate yoga in to my routine every Sunday along with massage and cupping. It’s a great way to start the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yoga is for the mental calisthenics although I believe that it has a good effect on the physical aspect. However, if you are used to a workout and you will shift to yoga then you might experience a change in your muscles. It is better to just add yoga as a mental exercise but you will continue with your workout for the maintenance of your muscles.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yoga is for the mental calisthenics although I believe that it has a good effect on the physical aspect. However, if you are used to a workout and you will shift to yoga then you might experience a change in your muscles. It is better to just add yoga as a mental exercise but you will continue with your workout for the maintenance of your muscles.

Agreed. Yoga is focused on breathing and meditation. That being said, a study at Harvard using MRI scans and other brain imaging technology have shown that people who regularly did yoga had a thicker cerebral cortex (the area of the brain responsible for information processing) and hippocampus (the area of the brain involved in learning and memory) compared with nonpractitioners. These areas of the brain typically shrink as you age, but the older yoga practitioners showed less shrinkage than those who did no yoga. This is a great up side especially as we get older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KaiGold, Charlie and TalkAdmin
Gadgithuku

Gadgithuku

Both are fine, but I would go with work outs any day. They are better for the mood, sleep and overall body health. A recommendation would be to work out 3 days a week and have one yoga session. However, there are those that prefer yoga. Either way, it narrows down to the personal preference.

Reactions: KaiGold and Charlie
A

Athanas

I think yoga is also a type of exercise, aimed at producing results just like the other exercises. Therefore, I recommend both.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can say exercise is the best because I'm personally not into yoga. I don't think yoga could make you sweat but people do it because of meditation.

Exercises is the best and good to keep the heart healthy.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I keep hearing all good things about yoga but have yet to try it myself. The older and stiffer I get (and not in the good way), I find that stretching in the gym helps a lot. So I can only surmise that yoga would be something beneficial to me. One of these days, I'll get off my ass with it and start.

C

Charles

I think if you start doing yoga regularly, you will find yourself more connected to what your body needs and that understanding will guide you yo other workouts or not.

E

Eason

yoga is fine especially since it promotes flexibility but it’s also important to incorporate cardio and strength/muscle training

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yoga is fine especially since it promotes flexibility but it’s also important to incorporate cardio and strength/muscle training
I was thinking we could get the same flexibility by just stretching ourselves especially after being in the same position for hours.

I think those who started yoga as children are better than those who start yoga as adults because the body is not used to the yoga poses.

B

Bahustrong

Yoga is also an exercise. It depends on what purpose do you seek the exercise. If you want mobility, strength and relaxation the yoga is the best way for you. If you want mass and sculpted physique then you have to start weight training or calisthenics.