• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Madrid Tennis Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although the Madrid Open is not a grand slam tournament but the draw has high profile names. For the women, world #1 Asheleigh Barty, #2 Naomi Osaka and #3 Simona Halep are there aside from other familiar names like Iga Swiatek and Aryna Sabalenka. In the men’s side, it is Rafael Nadal that is top see to play in his homeland. World #2 Daniil Medvedev and world #3 Dominic Thiem are also in the draw and they are expected to do good this time after their unfortunate debacle in the past 2 tournaments.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is unfortunate for Naomi Osaka to be eliminated by Karolina Muchova in the 2nd round of the Madrid Open. Osaka is seeded #2 and she is also #2 in the world ranking. On the other hand, top seed and world #1 Ashleigh Barty is on a roll as she defeated French Open champion Iga Swiatek 7-5, 6-4 in the 3rd round. The 3rd seed Simona Halep will square off with dangerous Elise Mertens in the 3rd round. In the men’s singles, all the top seeds have taken a bye in the first round.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The pairings for the women’s quarterfinals of the Madrid Open is set.
1) Top seed Ashleigh Barty vs Petra Kvitova
2) Paula Badosa vs Belinda Bencic
3) Aryna Sabalenka vs Elise Mertens
4) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Karolina Muchova
It is noticeable that only the top seed is in the quarterfinals and the next highly seeded is #5 Aryna Sabalenka.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The women’s semifinals are set.
Top seed Ashleigh Barty will square off with Paula Badosa who upset 8th seed Belinda Bencic. Aryna Sabalenka will face Anastasia Pavlyuchenko who bested giant-killer Karolina Muchova. It is expected that Barty and Sabalenka will meet for the finals unless a big upset happens.

In the men’s singles, the quarterfinals pairings was overshadowed by the loss of 2nd seed Daniil Medvedev to Cristian Garin in a tighly contested 2 sets of 6-4, 6-7 and 6-1 for Garin.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed and world #1 Australian Ashleigh Barty will square off with 5th seed Aryna Sabalenka in the finals of Madrid Open 2021.

In the men’s singles, it was a big disappointment for sentimental favorite Rafael Nadal to be eliminated by German Alexander Zverev in the quarterfinals. Nadal was quite emotional because he lost in his home court, so to speak, and he didn’t even reach the semifinals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aryna Sabalenka got the better of top seed Ashleigh Barty in 3 sets 6-0, 3-6, 6-4. It was a disappointing finals for Barty but Sabalenka was fierce with her game and cannot be denied the trophy.

In the men’s singles German Alexander Zverev breezed past 3rd seed Dominic Thiem 6-3, 6-4. In the other semi-final match Italian Matteo Berrettini defeated giant-killer Cristian Garin 5-7, 6-3, 6-0.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Madrid Open 2021 closed out with new faces for their champion. Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka held high the trophy for the women’s singles after defeating top see Ashleigh Barty. In the men’s singles German Alexander Zverev prevailed over Matteo Berrettini after a tie-break in the first set. This is Zverev’s first win in the tournament with a 3-set of 6-7, 6-4, 6-3 in the finals.