• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is carbohydrates needed for the muscles?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember in my grade school days, our teacher emphasized the need for eating carbohydrates food because it is the element that gives us energy. When I was working I would eat rice in the morning to give me the energy to last until the afternoon. Rice never fails me. Now this question about building muscles. What is the role of carbohydrates in the muscle build up? If I do not need the energy and all I want is to have big muscles then I guess I can do away with rice. Is that correct?

P

PhillD

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
absolutely wrong.
carbohydrates are essential for muscle growth.

first of all, as you said, carbohydrates are used to give you energy.
to build anything you need energy to invest to build.

carbohydrates are needed to train, to stimulate the muscle. without training, without stimulation, you will not build anything.

the muscles are full of glycogen, carbohydrates and water.
the dehydrated cell will not be able to enlarge.
only a well hydrated cell, therefore full of glycogen and water, can swell

Reactions: Jason_ke
L

lokielovesbunny

Technically speaking, I really don't know, but as I have seen people in GYM and in vicinity area, who follow proper diet, according to them they never miss the healthy diet and healthy means whole-well-balanced diet of everything, hence including carbohydrates in your diet chart is important too, as it provides the energy in the same light I would like say, that its way too important for muscles grown as well including protein itself, everything has its own value and need in our body, you can't ignore that.

A

Athanas

All types of nutrients are important in the body. Proteins build muscle, carbohydrates fuel the muscles with energy while vitamins enhance their performance.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Proteins is best for muscles and not carbohydrates. The teacher emphasized that because children are growing and they need energy because there was a lot of activities to do as a child.

M

Morepower

The carbohydrates we take are converted into gluogen and the glycogen is converted into glucose that powers our body and brain. So we have to take carbohydrate to enable proper functioning of the body let alone weight training. After workout the micro tear in the muscles are repaired and built by proteins. But carbohydrates are absolutely essential to train our muscle to enable better protein absorption.

M

Morepower

The carbohydrates we take are converted into gluogen and the glycogen is converted into glucose that powers our body and brain. So we have to take carbohydrate to enable proper functioning of the body let alone weight training. After workout the micro tear in the muscles are repaired and built by proteins. But carbohydrates are absolutely essential to train our muscle to enable better protein absorption.

P

pgcc604

I remember in my grade school days, our teacher emphasized the need for eating carbohydrates food because it is the element that gives us energy. When I was working I would eat rice in the morning to give me the energy to last until the afternoon. Rice never fails me. Now this question about building muscles. What is the role of carbohydrates in the muscle build up? If I do not need the energy and all I want is to have big muscles then I guess I can do away with rice. Is that correct?
of course you need carbohydrates to build muscle. you're going to go on a zero carb diet with just protein and some fats and expect that to work? the first problem with that is a total calorie count that you're going to end up with which is going to be really really low way too low to build muscle second of all you're going to have no energy at all you're going to feel like shit. and third carbohydrates are beneficial if you eat the right ones and if even when you're dieting, I've been bodybuilding for 31 years I've helped countless people with getting ready for bodybuilding contest bikini contest figure contest. My method I use is to stagger carbohydrates I never have them eat the same everyday like I'll go low two days then I'll do a high day things like that but never zero it keeps the body off balance and it usually works. if you want to be bigger more muscular you have to eat quite a bit of carbohydrates just to get enough calories in you to grow.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

Carbohydrates being the source of fuel acts as the primary component in gaining energy,preventing muscle weakness and degradation.This therefore should be a large daily element of everyone's nutritional intake especially in muscle building.

Carbs aren't a hindrance to achieving body's composition.The body requires alot of energy to power through workouts that results in bigger stronger muscles.

The two types of carbohydrates are simple carbs and complex carbs.Simple carbohydrates are a quick sporadic source of energy while complex carbohydrates are a good source of steady energy which are all needed for muscle build up.