• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC Vegas 26 – Waterson vs Rodriguez

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Due to the cancellation of the main event of UFC Vegas 26 on May 9 - TJ Dillashaw vs Cory Sandhagen – it was decided to field a women bantamweight fight instead. UFC veteran Michelle Waterson is pitted against Marina Rodriguez. Due to the short notice of 1 week both fighters agreed to a catchweight of 125 pounds (from the usual limit in their division of 115 pounds). Waterson called the Karate Hottie promises heavy striking to be ahead of Rodriguez in the offense.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Surprisingly Rodriguez is the favorite in the betting odds at -210 and Waterson is the underdog at +175. Maybe the basis is the most recent fights that Rodriguez showed more grit and angst than Waterson who looked gassed out in the later round. However, it is a toss up for me because Waterson has an early striking advantage and she can end the fight early if she gets lucky with her kicks.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to start checking out female UFC fighters. I had to check out some youtube clips to get a gist of the two fighters.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to start checking out female UFC fighters. I had to check out some youtube clips to get a gist of the two fighters.

I am guilty as well on this one. I don't even know a single female UFC fighter. I know it is a damn shame.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I am guilty as well on this one. I don't even know a single female UFC fighter. I know it is a damn shame.

I for one need to start watching female sports whether it is the WNBA or Women's Soccer or UFC. I just need to get involved.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I for one need to start watching female sports whether it is the WNBA or Women's Soccer or UFC. I just need to get involved.

I may try WNBA and UFC but not soccer.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 5-round fight between Waterson and Rodriguez ended in decision. It was all Rodriguez in the first 3 rounds but Waterson rallied in the 4th round with a takedown that punished Rodriguez on the mat until the end of the round. In the 5th round it was almost even with the striking and Waterson failed to get another takedown. It was a unanimous decision for Marina Rodriguez.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm surprised Rodriguez manaaged to outdo Waterson! The reason I'm saying this is because Waterson is built like a bionic-woman. Good job Rodriguez.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm surprised Rodriguez manaaged to outdo Waterson! The reason I'm saying this is because Waterson is built like a bionic-woman. Good job Rodriguez.

I don't know how she pulled that off. All I know is she actually did it.