• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Super middleweight boxing - Canelo vs Saunders

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On May 9 will be the unification of titles held by Saul Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders. With only 1 loss and 55 wins with 37 KOs, Canelo is the heavy favorite to win over Saunders who is undefeated with 30 wins and 14 KOs. The unification is for the 3 belts in the super middleweight division. Betting odds shows that Canelo is a -600 which means your $600 will win only $100. Let us see if Canelo will live up to his high billing.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canelo Alvarez cannot be stopped. Big s/o to BJS for trying.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That 8th round uppercut took everything Saunders had left. It was a bout bout all in all.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The unification of 3 titles in the super middleweight division went to Saul Canelo Alvarez when he stopped Billy Joe Saunders in the 8th round. Canelo won the WBO belt of Saunders and retained his WBC and WBA belts. The stoppage was due to the cut in the right eye of Saunders. His corner quit the fight to save Saunder’s from a worse eye injury.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saunders would have been destroyed if he was one of those egotistical fighters like Mike Tyson. I'm pretty sure the fight would have continued if it was Tyson who got a cut in the eye.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saunders would have been destroyed if he was one of those egotistical fighters like Mike Tyson. I'm pretty sure the fight would have continued if it was Tyson who got a cut in the eye.

Mike Tyson was a beast in the ring, you can't compare him to Saunders. Mike was build like a rhino back in his prime.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Mike Tyson was a beast in the ring, you can't compare him to Saunders. Mike was build like a rhino back in his prime.

Mike was a force to reckon with.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Mike was a force to reckon with.

That he was.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was reported that Saunders who lost the unification bout with Canelo Alvarez had a purse of $8 million which is incredibly high for his caliber. Although the purse of Canelo Alvarez was not mentioned but my take on that is about double the amount that Saunders had received. Admittedly Canelo Alvarez is the most popular boxer for now that Vasiliy Lomachenko has no more belt to show.