• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At long last Manny Pacqauiao was able to find an opponent. The bout is a PPV and will be on August 21, 2021. Pacquiao’s last fight was in 2019 when he earned a split decision over Keith Thurman. This time the opponent is no pushover because Spence is undefeated with 27 wins and 21 KOs. For Pacquiao he is an 8-division champion but he is already 42 years old. That may be the hitch.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao is currently training in the US for his fight against Errol Spence, Jr on August 31. Amid his training is the issue in his political party PDP-Laban where he is the acting president. The party looks divided and Pacquiao had expelled 3 influential members, one of them is the vice chairman. The friction within the party is actually between Pacquiao and his followers versus President Duterte and his minions. Duterte is the chairman of the party.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WBA demotes Pacquiao to “champion in recess” because he had been inactive since he last fought Thurman in 2019. But the Pacquiao camp cited his upcoming fight with Errol Spence, Jr and they asked to be reinstated with the title super champion. But Gilberto Mendoza said it is not in their policy for a reinstatement. Sean Gibbons of the MP Promotions released and angry statement against WBA. Let us wait and see what happens next

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was so ready to for this fight. Why do bad things always happen to good people? What did I do to deserve this?

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was so ready to for this fight. Why do bad things always happen to good people? What did I do to deserve this?

This is not about you, RTFL!

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Spence thinks that Manny will retire after this fight.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He will be the top welterweight today if he actually manage to beat Manny Pacquiao.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does Spence remind you of Chadwick Boseman or is it me just me?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On August 22 we shall once again see Manny Pacquio in the ring when he faces welterweight champion Errol Spence, Jr after 2 years of hibernation. In the betting odds, Manny Pacquiao is the underdog at +180 while Spence is a -220 favorite. The odds started at 4 to 1 for Spence and the odds have started shrinking. We shall have the final figures by the week of the fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is sad news for the fans of Pacquiao and Spence. The awaited match will not push though due to the eye injury of Errol Spence, Jr. The torn retina had to be treated and Spence has to avail of a vacation for healing. But Pacquiao will be there in the boxing ring on August 22 to face the replacement fighter named Yordenis Ugas. The Cuban has a fight record of 26-4 with 12 KOs which is not really exciting. Most likely Pacquiao will be the heavy favorite in this bout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquio is now training for the shift in stance because Spence is a southpaw and Ugas is right-handed. However, Pacquaio assured that the stance is not an issue. He was used to fighting left-hander and right-hander. From a +220 underdog against Spence now Paquiao is a -320 favorite over Ugas who is +245 underdog.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao is leaving LA for Las Vegas where the fight will take place. He is confident that he remains a heavy favorite with slightly over -350 in the betting odds. But Pacquiao despite his confidence is not taking the fight very lightly because Ugas has a knockout punch which can flatten Pacquiao with just 1 lucky punch.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It looks unfair that the WBA had stripped Pacquiao of his welterweight title due to inactivity and handed the title to Yordenis Ugas. Now it appears that Paqcuiao is a mere challenger to Ugas who earned the belt on a silver platter. Maybe the WBA had wanted to spice up the bout because Ugas is getting to be a big underdog for their August 22 collision.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ugas showed a promising style by evading the heavy strikes of Pacquiao. After the 4th round it looked like Ugas was ahead in the score card with the use of his long reach. That state of condition continued until the last round. The judges rendered a unanimous decision for Ugas to be the bona fide WBA welterweight champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pacquiao has an alibi for his loss to Ugas. He said that he was experiencing cramps in his leg that is why he couldn’t move fast. Aside from the upset loss another issue that is facing Pacquiao now is his political ambition of running for president of the Philippines. I don’t think he can win in the elections because his legion of fans is diminished. Maybe if he had finished Ugas then the voters may be enchanted again.