• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

French Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The French tennis open starts at the end of May although the qualifier games are already in progress. The top seeds for the men…
1) Novak Djokovic of Serbia
2) Daniil Medvedev of Russia
3) Rafael Nadal of Spain
4) Dominic Thiem of Austria
5) Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece

The top seeds for the women….
1) Ashleigh Barty of Australia
2) Naomi Osaka of Japan
3) Aryna Sabalenka of Bulgaria
4) Sofia Kenin of the USA
5) Elina Svitolina of Ukraine
* Simona Halep was #3 but she withdrew due to a calf injury

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The start of the French Open 2021 at the end of May has been eventful. First is the loss of world #4 Dominic Thiem in the first round. After trailing Thiem by 2 sets Andujar proved his tenacity and staying power by winning the match in 5 sets 4-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4.

Next comes the drama of world #2 Naomi Osaka in snubbing the post-game media conference after winning her 1st round match over Patricia Tig 6-4, 7-6. Osaka was fined $15,000 and may face disqualification next time.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To avoid the threat of expulsion from the grand slam tournaments, Naomi Osaka decided to withdraw from the French Open. She cited mental health issues that she has been suffering from mild depression since she won her first grand slam title in 2018. The withdrawal comes after winning her 1st round match against Patricia Tig. The crux of the matter for Osaka is the post-game media conference that she doesn’t want to attend.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The French Open seems to be hounded by adversities. In the 2nd round, top seed and world #1 Ashleigh Barty availed of a medical timeout as she did in the 1st round. The pain is in her hip which got worse. She retired in favor of Magda Linette in the 2nd set of their match. Linette took the 1st set with 6-1 and the 2nd set was even at 2-2 when Barty retired due to injury.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Into the 3rd round of the French Open another top seed said goodbye. Aryna Sabalenka, the #3 seed, was waylaid by seed #31 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-4, 2-6, 6-0. The medical timeout of Pavlyuchenkova after the 2nd set was in question because it is suspected of ruining the momentum of Sabalenka. The medical timeout is another issue in the French Open after the celebrated protest of Naomi Osaka on the post-game media interview.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Going into the quarterfinals of the French Open there was no more seeded player in sight when #4 Sofia Kenin was bulldozed by Maria Sakkari 6-1, 6-3. Only #8 seed Iga Swiatek is in the quarterfinals menu after going past Marta Kostyuk 6-3, 6-4. All the other seeds from #1 Ashleigh Barty up to #7 Serena Williams have all been eliminated. It is now like a tournament for unseeded players.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is sad that Roger Federer had withdrawn after winning his game in the 3rd round. The reeason is a lingering injury. In another development Lorenzo Musetti retired in the 5th set after winning the first 2 sets in the 4th round 6-7, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0. 4-0. Musetti said that he was not winning points and was probably mentally devastated. As of the latest in the quarterfinals, Seed #5 Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas disposed of #2 seed Daniil Medvedev in 3 sets 6-3, 7-6, 7-5.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The semi-finals for the women’s singles has been scheduled already. Seed #17 Maria Sakkari will square off with Barbora Krejcikova while in the other match will be Tamara Zidansek versus Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
In the men’s semi-finals it will be a face off between look-alikes – #5 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas against #6 seed Alexander Zverev. In the other semi-final match will be Rafael Nadal and top seed Novak Djokovic.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova prevailed over Tamada Zidansek 7-5, 6-3. In the other semi-final match Barbora Krejcikova defeated Maria Sakkari in a cliffhanger 3rd set 7-5, 4-6, 9-7. Krejcikova and Pavlyuchenkova will be playing for the trophy in the finals.

In the men’s singles the finals will be between Stefanos Tsitsipas and Novak Djokovic. Seed #5 Tsitsipas defeated Alexander Zverev in 5 sets 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, 6-3. Top seed Djokovic bested Rafael Nadal in 4 sets 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a crazy game in the French Open finals of the women’s single. Barbora Kreijcikova breezed in the 1st set with a 6-1. Her opponent Anastasiya Pavlyuchenkova took a revenge in the 2nd set with 6-2. In the deciding 3rd set it was nearing the end when Kreijcikova was leading 5-3 and the game score was 40-15. But Kreijcikova wasted the 2 set points for Pavlyuchenkova to go 5-4. This time Kreijcikova made sure that the trophy is hers as she finished the match with 6-4. It is a record that Kreijcikova is unseeded player to become champion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the men’s singles finals, tt was a confidence game for Stefanos Tsitsipas as his strategy worked by winning in the first 2 sets 7-6, 6-2. But top seed Novak Djokovic proved his guts with a nice comeback in the 3rd and 4th to even the match with 6-3, 6-2. The deciding 5th set was not so tight anymore for Djokovic. The final sets 6-7, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 for Djokovic to take home the French Open cup.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The partnership of Katerina Siniakova and French open women’s champion Barbora Crejcikova proved too strong for the tandem of 2020 French open champion Iga Swiatek and Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the women’s doubles finals. The 2nd seed team of the czechs breezed through in the first set with a 6-4 and another easy 6-4 in the 2nd set to win the women’s doubles trophy. Crejcikova made a record for winning 2 trophies – the women’s singles and the women’s doubles.