• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A good workout for a senior

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some seniors here are on their bike or just jugging in our village park. I always see those old guys in their short and white shirts to signify that they can still do a good deal of exercise. But the physician in our family warned us about abuse of the legs. The knee may develop pains especially when you get old. My exercise is the simple push up with the hand grip exerciser. I feel some sweat afterwards. No abuse of the legs although I walk to the market almost everyday as part of my physical routine.
Water exercises are good for low to no impact on legs and back for options..

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My mom went to physical therapy and it was in a pool. She is pretty old.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Even with my back injury from work. I'm (47)They wanted me to do pool therapy. They said this will strengthen back and legs without the added pressure on my back and joints...

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Even with my back injury from work. I'm (47)They wanted me to do pool therapy. They said this will strengthen back and legs without the added pressure on my back and joints...
My mom loved it.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to agree that water exercise is one of the best, if not the best light exercise especially for seniors. Our high school adviser said that in the pool almost all your body parts are moving and the flesh is like being massaged. However, the pool exercise is not available for everyone here especially for the lower middle class like me. I only get to the pool when we go on a swimming trip to a resort.

A

Athanas

Brisk walking, cycling, and doing pushups, according to me, are among the best exercises seniors can do.