• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBO Bantamweight title fight – John Riel Casimero vs Guillermo Rigondeaux

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Filipino champion John Riel Casimero will defend his WBO bantamweight belt against Guillermo Rigondeaux on August 14 in Carson, California. Casimero with a fight record of 34-4 with 21 KOs was supposed to face another Filipino champion Nonito Donaire but negotiations fell through. Rigondeaux has a respectable record of only 1 loss against 20 wins and 13 KOs. His only loss was to Vasily Lomachenko.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is going to be a good one. I'm willing to bet that Casimero has never faced anyone like Rigondeaux and vice versa.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the clash of the best bantamweights in the game. I can't afford to miss this.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the clash of the best bantamweights in the game. I can't afford to miss this.

They are going to put each other through hell.

Last edited:
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Casimero needs to win this so that they can finally settle their beef with the four-division world champion Donaire.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Casimero needs to win this so that they can finally settle their beef with the four-division world champion Donaire.

They exchanged words and it got a little bit nasty. I can't wait to see them settle it in the ring.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was pure showmanship of the technical skills of Rigondeaux for 12 rounds that earned boos and catcalls from the spectators. Filipino John Riel Casimero retained his WBO bantamweight belt via a split decision of 117-111, 116-112 and 113-115. The prediction of Casimero to end the fight in round 3 was quite impossible for the elusive Cuban. But in the end the Cuban lacked the punches which made it impossible for him to grab the belt from the champion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was pure showmanship of the technical skills of Rigondeaux for 12 rounds that earned boos and catcalls from the spectators. Filipino John Riel Casimero retained his WBO bantamweight belt via a split decision of 117-111, 116-112 and 113-115. The prediction of Casimero to end the fight in round 3 was quite impossible for the elusive Cuban. But in the end the Cuban lacked the punches which made it impossible for him to grab the belt from the champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
According to the statistics taken by Compubox the bout between Casimero and Rigondeaux has set a record of the most lacking in action for 12 rounds with only 91 total punches counted. That is already the combined number that erased the record of 100 by the bout of Mario Barrios vs. Devis Boschiero in 2016. Casimero said that credit goes to Rigondeaux for his constant running inside the boxing ring.