• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Welterweight boxing - Vergil Ortiz Jr vs Egidijus Kavaliauskas

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both in the top 5 of the WBO welterweight list, Vergil Ortiz, Jr and Egidijus Kavaliauskas will square off on August 14. Ortiz is the knockout artist who is undefeated with all his 17 wins by KO. Kavaliauskas has only 1 loss and 1 draw with 22 wins and 18 KO for his record. The fight will be the acid test for Ortiz who has not fought longer than 7 rounds because of his KO power. The fight is an eliminator with the winner to meet Terence Crawford in the ring within this year.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ortiz has an advantage because the fight is taking place in Texas which is his home state.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is also so much pressure because he can't afford to loose at home or his fans are going to tear him a new one.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is also so much pressure because he can't afford to loose at home or his fans are going to tear him a new one.

There is no way he is loosing at home. That would be sacrilegious.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm leaning towards Ortiz. He is up there with the biggest names at welterweight including Errol Spence and Terrence Crawford.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maurice Hooker, who is Ortiz' last victim met a 7th round fatal destruction. I know there is a 8-year-gap between Ortiz and Egidijus, but that doesn't mean it's going to be an easy bout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vergil Ortiz preserved his unbeaten record and all wins by KO by stopping Egidijus Kavaliauskas in the 8th round. There were 5 knockdowns in the bout – once in round 3 and 4 times in round 8. But Ortiz got hurt in the 2nd round but Kavaliauskas was not able to earn a knockdown when Ortiz was able to recover. It was the 17th win and 17th KO of Ortiz while Kavaliauskas suffered his 2nd loss with 22 wins.