• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Craziest Back Double Bicep Pic Ever!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Peanut!! said:
like i said
i am yet to see a picture of flex that gives justice to how many people talk about him as the best the uncrowned mr olympia and how he should have won blah blah blah
i respect that people like hima nd im not bagging anyone for that, but to me hes not nearly half as good as what people say (not a reference to here just in general).
Go Shawn.

:mbgreddy: Your right he isnt half as good as people say hes bettr than most say.Your comparing to physiques at different times, shawn had been lifting waaaay longer than flex if u remember flex saying who his herowas b 4 he turned pro he said he wanted to be like shawn ray:eek5nono:

Go to the 99 olympia where they both had equal time training, flex just dookied all over the competetion all but coleman, compare flex and shawn then:e5dunno:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
both their conditioning is scary good in those pics, but Flex is the man, and will always be, anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking cutler crack

ruel

ruel

that is what we call details!

Big Nasty

Big Nasty

man flex should have won mr.olympa title in 93 awesome physique then

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Those are classic photos and they looked damn good, although 93 is widely regarded (by the athletes on stage aswell) as Dorian's best year. Paul Dillet was quoted as saying he was glad "I was no where near him on the stage that day"

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen said:
:mbgreddy: Your right he isnt half as good as people say hes bettr than most say.Your comparing to physiques at different times, shawn had been lifting waaaay longer than flex if u remember flex saying who his herowas b 4 he turned pro he said he wanted to be like shawn ray

BigBen, man I love ya and all but must disagree bro. If Flex wanted to be like Shawn he should have stayed away from Ninjas and Synthol (which he admitted to) and should have stayed true to his great lines and not played the mass game (cause it ruined him).

As Q80 said in that pic, Shawn is in far better condition then Flex, all you have to do is cover the top half of their bodies and look at them from the waist down, only because it is easier to see the difference, and of course no one in here would be silly enough to think he can only be ripped more on the legs and not up top, because spot reduction does not exist:bowroflarms:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
PUMBA said:
and of course no one in here would be silly enough to think he can only be ripped more on the legs and not up top, because spot reduction does not exist:bowroflarms:
Spot reduction doesn't exist but some people do hold more fat in different areas in comparison to others and detail, denseness, and muscle maturity all play a role into things as well. Just because Shawn is showing more detail in one or two areas doesn't mean he necessarily has Flex completely out-conditioned. That was the year that Flex was supposedly measured at 0.0% BF, which I believe means they couldn't even get a reading on him.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
That was the year that Flex was supposedly measured at 0.0% BF, which I believe means they couldn't even get a reading on him.
Which would make him DEAD!!!!:e5dunno:

Of course you are correct in what you said about holding fat in different areas, but I can't say that of Shawn in that particular pic, he looks in supreme condition right through.

But are you guys just saying the BACK or the complete rear double bicep? I prefer to judge a guy on his complete backage and apart from Levrone, no one else has been so consistantly great as Shawn.
I loved Flex when he first turned pro, then he sacrifised "HIS" look, to look like the others, and his career was just a flash in the pan compared to Shawn.

Shawn never played the other guys game and that is why I prefer him over Flex.
But that's my opinion and I can understand why so many like Flex, but I can't understand why Shawn always gets looked at like he was not Mr O level.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actually this whole flex vs shawn debate got started by that idiot peanut who instead of saying that both men looked great or something like that said that flex wheeler sucks wich is stupid,flex is one of the best ever and anyone who says he sucks is saying it out of pure hatred and should go to hell.

and another thing that fool is saying is that hes never seen a pic of flex where it gives justice to all the good things people say about him

my response = BUY A PAIR OF GLASSES

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big Poppa Pump said:
actually this whole flex vs shawn debate got started by that idiot peanut who instead of saying that both men looked great or something like that said that flex wheeler sucks wich is stupid,flex is one of the best ever and anyone who says he sucks is saying it out of pure hatred and should go to hell.

and another thing that fool is saying is that hes never seen a pic of flex where it gives justice to all the good things people say about him

Strong words, very insulting too.:ughnoes: It's not like you don't sling your fair of shit in here bro.:e5dunno:

Well as I said Flex was pretty much "flash in the pan" compared to most Pro careers, and he did have to go and fuck himself up getting all bloated looking and then saying he got attacked by Ninja's kinda doesn't help his cred, then he admits to using synthol, again.......not good.
Maybe he does get to much credit if you look at those things. Levrone and Ray have achieved far more but don't seem to get that uncrowned Mr O tag that so many seem to hang on Wheeler.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
Strong words, very insulting too.:ughnoes: It's not like you don't sling your fair of shit in here bro.:e5dunno:
peanut has insulted me quite a few times so i have earned the right to "insult" that fool back,so dont lecture me about being insulting :eek5nono:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Poppa Pump said:
peanut has insulted me quite a few times so i have earned the right to "insult" that fool back,so dont lecture me about being insulting :eek5nono:
Knock it off guys.

PUMBA said:
Well as I said Flex was pretty much "flash in the pan" compared to most Pro careers, and he did have to go and fuck himself up getting all bloated looking and then saying he got attacked by Ninja's kinda doesn't help his cred, then he admits to using synthol, again.......not good.
Maybe he does get to much credit if you look at those things. Levrone and Ray have achieved far more but don't seem to get that uncrowned Mr O tag that so many seem to hang on Wheeler.
I think a lot of it stems from just how genetically gifted Flex was and he truly was the prince in waiting when it came to the Olympia. Shawn was an incredible bodybuilder and you argue that he just went his own route which is fine but with his size there's no way he'd be crowned Mr. Olympia after Dorian because the mass-monsters era was in full gear. Flex used synthol, even in 1999, sure, but he looked amazing at both the Olympia and the 1999 English GP. The reason Flex gets so much more credit was that he was expected to just be handed the Sandow after Dorian stepped down but we all know what happens. Like him or not, it's always interesting to see what happens to the guy with unlimitless potential who can't get it all together and falls short. It just makes for a better story that people like hearing.

As for a physique comparison, Shawn was by far the more consistant pro but when both of them competed 100% on it was all Flex. Shawn does very much resemble what I feel the ideal physique should be (and to be fair he did win the 1994 Olympia in my mind) but on too short of a body. As I stated earlier, Flex was willing to make the changes he thought he had to in order to win while Shawn just sort of slowly improved and hoped the judging would change. There's also a lot to mention (that I won't go into) dealing with Flex's accident, kidney disease, and near death and recovery in 2001 I believe which all tie into the "tragic downfall" that I touched on earlier.

Still, it's good to see they're both still active in the industry to this day; that says a lot of how much they've both matured off the stage.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big Poppa Pump said:

:mbgreddy:
bahhhhhahahahaha:bowroflarms: :bowroflarms:
this is a forum - to expect the same comments from everyone makes it totally boring. for example when does anyone say anything different about JOJ other than gyno? when does anyone ever say anything different about cormier other than "oh i wish he got his shit together!
if you dont like it that other people have opinions that dont agree with yours, then that is an unrealistic attitude to have posting in a forum of any kind and probably isnt a place for you. ill ignore the "you're a hater and should go to hell" comment

flex is one of the best ever - by what is has accomplished in comparison to shawn? comparison to other professional bodybuilders? or simply in your eyes?
i have seen quite a few ken wheeler pictures, none of them have taken my breath away, none of them have made me look in awe, and none of them have made me desire to have the physique that he does. i do not disrespect people for having their favourite bodybuilders, actors, musicians, politicians whatever it is! if i need to buy a pair of glasses because apparantly i must be blind that i cannot see why flex wheeler is god, then maybe you need to buy a pair of glasses to see why Coleman is the master of this sport and why jay is not in his league. i respect your opinion, but for that you must respect mine. otherwise what do you want me to do?
"oh man flex is awesome! - end of post. what does that add to a thread - not a thing
thanks to line and pumba who have made good and enjoyable posts to read, and big ben too
for me id rather have in indepth discussion about whatever subject it is, rather than just post "man hes great!"
now you can go back to your "steiner" throne
i just like shawn better than flex wheeler,nothing wrong with that.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Peanut!! said:
flex sucks
go shawn!!
this was peanuts first post in this thread and he says he likes to have a "in depht" discussion rather than just post "hes great" end of story,so oh yeah you have added a lot to this thread :uhoh2:

and as far as accomplishments goes flex = 4 time arnold classic champ,3 time mr o runner up,17 pro wins if thats not enough to be considered one of the best then what is :e5dunno:

and theres nothing wrong with you liking shawn better than flex nothing at all,im just saying that flex wheeler doesnt "suck" :eek5nono:

and what the hell is a steiner "throne" :e5dunno:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line: AWESOME POST BRO!!! Thank you for a very sensible and lengthy explanation that I actually agree with, you opened my eyes a little with this one, well done mate.

Peanut: Who typed that? It was one of your longer pieces of literature. lmao

BPP:
Shawn Ray Record:"During my professional career there have been only two bodybuilders I never beat. Between these two athletes are 14 Mr. Olympia titles. I am speaking of non other than 8 time Mr. Olympia lee Haney and 6 time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates. "
1983 Orange Coast Championships--2nd Short
1983 California Gold Cup--1st Overall
1984 Mr. Los Angeles NPC--3rd Middleweight
1984 Mr. Teenage Los Angeles AAU--1st Short & Overall
1984 Teenage Mr. California --1st Middle & Overall
1984 Teenage National Championships--2nd Middleweight
1985 Teenage Mr. Orange County--1st Short & Overall
1985 Teenage National Championships--1st Lightheavy & Overall
1985 Jr. World Championships--1st Lightheavy & Overall
1986 Jr. National Championships--2nd Lightheavy
1987 Mr. California--1st Lightheavy & Overall
1987 National Championships--1st Lightheavy & Overall
1988 Mr. Olympia--13th Los Angeles
1989 Inactive
1990 Pro Ironman Champion--1st Redondo Beach
1990 Arnold Classic--1st (disqualified) Ohio What a LOAD OF BULLSHIT!!!
1990 Mr. Olympia--3rd Chicago, IL
1991 Arnold Classic--1st Ohio
1991 Mr. Olympia--5th Orlando, FL
1992 Mr. Olympia--4th Helsinki, Finland
1993 Mr. Olympia--3rd Atlanta, GA
1994 Mr. Olympia--2nd Atlanta, GA
1995 Mr. Olympia--4th Atlanta, GA
1996 Pro Ironman--3rd Redondo Beach, CA
1996 Arnold Classic--5th Columbus, OH
1996 Mr. Olympia--2nd Chicago, IL
1997 Mr. Olympia--3rd Los Angeles, CA
1998 Mr. Olympia--5th New York, NY
1999 Mr. Olympia--6th Las Vegas, NV
2000 Mr. Olympia--4th Las Vegas, NV
2001 Mr. Olympia--4th Las Vegas, NV

Kevin Levrone Record:
No need to post it as He is known for holding the best record in IFBB history.

IT JUST DON'T GET ANY BETTER:weightlifter:

click on this pic to blow your mind!!!

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that's an impressive record for shawn, but he still isn't better than Flex.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
that's an impressive record for shawn, he is way better than Flex.

I agree with you bro, he sure is.:e5dunno:

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
I agree with you bro, he sure is.:e5dunno:
correct me if im wrong but doesnt shawn just have two pro wins and one was by DQ so how is his record better than flex wheelers 17 pro wins :uhoh2:

and i can add that his top 5 placings in the olympia doesnt mean a damn thing since all that matters is first place :eek5nono:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big Poppa Pump said:
correct me if im wrong but doesnt shawn just have two pro wins and one was by DQ so how is his record better than flex wheelers 17 pro wins :uhoh2:

and i can add that his top 5 placings in the olympia doesnt mean a damn thing since all that matters is first place :eek5nono:

Line got it right, but your view is just biase not based on facts, so I'll correct you since you asked.

DQ......are you really serious, for steroid use, are you serious or just being a little nieve. I'm sure no one else there was using...PLEEAASE!!! It's called Politics when a pro bodybuilder fails a drug test my friend, I'll forgive you on that little oversite.

As for your 17 pro wins, can you name em off the top of ya head....thought not...why? cause they are nothing wins compared to the Mr O, Shawn could have padded his record with pointless wins, but he wanted the illusive Mr O title, he always said that was what he wanted.

As for it not being important about placing in the O.......weren't you the one that brought that up about Flex 3 times runner up?:e5dunno:

You see history will show that Kevin Levrone is actually the most succesful IFBB pro, not Flex, so that means Flex's 17 wins are pointless because Levrone is better as far as contest won in the history books.
And history will show Shawn as being the IFBB pro with the most Olympia contests and therefore most top 10 finishes, not Flex.
So historically speaking Flex has got nothing unique.

This conversation is getting boring BPP, lets just see what the history books say, aside from our opinions. Flex had a good body for a while, I'll give you that, but Shawn had a great body for his entire career.

My point is, it was not Shawn Ray that got his name and picture included in an article titled "Good Bodies Gone Bad" in an international bodybuilding magazine. But Flex did, along with such "STARS" :uhoh2: as Greg Valentino, Nasser El Sonbaty, Dave Palumbo and Greg Kovacs. So history is already starting to remember how he dropped the ball bro.