• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I hope not for too long. I was meant to train today but back is still stiff so didn't want to risk it.

I really hope this is short lived - I always suffer tremendously in strength drops with any period of time off which takes forever to recover.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Should work around the injury, do work that doesn't involve the injured muscle group thsi way your total strength won't drop off.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Yeah the thing is with it being my mid back (and also the probelms I've had with it in the past) it limits me with the majority of worthwhile exercises, given the equipment available to me. :( Still haven't trained. I'm getting fed up now. Hopefully I'll be back in on Monday.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Yeah the thing is with it being my mid back (and also the probelms I've had with it in the past) it limits me with the majority of worthwhile exercises, given the equipment available to me. :( Still haven't trained. I'm getting fed up now. Hopefully I'll be back in on Monday.

I hope so man can't wait to see you back in the game. santaton

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well now I've got flu! :49: Fantastic!

Hopefully I'll be back in the gym on 30th!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get some Vitamine C in your system!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a flu.. humm good excuse to not go to gym :keke:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back problems and flu sucks ass.Sorry to hear the bad news Rocko.Get well soon.

Till

Till

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For fucks sake, Rocky! Back problems again? Stop doing those lifts that courses those problems = squats and deads. I know that sounds harsh, but look at the wide perspective: Your kids don't care if you lift or squat 200 kgs, they just want a dad who can pick them up and throw them in the air, without sounding like a fucking pensionist...

I guess for your job as a policeofficer, backproblems are a huge deal - I know it wound be here in the Danish Police. And what if, one day, you pulled a disc or something? Would you be kicked out of the force or planted on a discjob?

I would stop doing heavy deads and squats for while (maybe even learn to live without them as I have) since having a healthy back is more important than lifting some fucking weight...

Maybe you could focus more entirely on the bench press, which you have bitched about for years now, without having to spend so much energy on other major exercises like deads and squats. Perhaps that's what you need to really improve that BP..?

It's not to be a cunt or anything, I just don't like to read about a fellow lawenforcer and long time MM member, that's keeps having those stupid problems with his back... Make some drastic changes, man!

Oh and btw: Merry Christman and get better soon, Rock!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks everyone.

Till - I see where you are coming from and take it on board. Admittedly yes I would end up on "discjob" here too if major problems, and I know it does appear to be a recurring theme with me (albeit not too often fortunately) however the prospect of getting rid of squats and deads (whilst appealing in that they are so damn hard!) with my body type is not ideal given how difficult it is for me to put mass on at any time let alone without the big lifts. I am always careful when I do these lifts, and indeed it was doing a warm up which screwed it up this time for some reason! I might try some more dynamic lifts and cardio and warm up better which to be honest I think are more my problems rather than the weight itself. Thanks for the concern buddy - I'll be careful! :)

Anyway - I GOT BACK IN THE GYM YESTERDAY...and it wasn't great but I went in there at least. Realised I'm not over my cold yet as had no energy, was out of breath REALLY quickly and was weak as a kitten, but I got something done at least after 2 weeks:

Smith Squat
80kg (180lb) x 10
110kg (240lb) x 8
140kg (310lb) x 4
140kg (310lb) x 4 - knew it wasn't going to be good with this performance.

Flat BB Bench
60kg (135lb) x 10
80kg (180lb) x 8
100kg (220lb) x 6
100kg (220lb) x 6

Deads
100kg (220lb) x 8
140kg (310lb) x 8
150kg (330lb) x 4

DB Military
25kg (55lb) x 10
30kg (66lb) x 8

SUPERSET WITH

Seated Calf Press
170kg (375lb) x 15
205kg (450lb) x 12
205kg (450lb) x 12

W/G Chins
w/10kg (22lb) x 8
w/10kg (22lb) x 6

SUPERSET WITH

Tri Pushdowns
70kg (155lb) x 8
70kg (155lb) x 8

That was it. Felt really drained afterwards. Hopefully I'll feel better for next time and will get the weight back up to something approaching reasonable sooner rather than later, but gonna take it easy.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work out man considering your cold, take some vitamin C and B for immune strenghting and energy. Drink alot of fluids too man, can't wait to see you back in it with full strength.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
still strong as shit big boy.. i think your back and knee problems come from pounding all that pussy :keke:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys. Well I've done 2 sessions since posting that last one and they sucked. I've lost so much strength it's not even funny so I'm not gonna post any until they are something approaching acceptable again.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Rocko, you sound like you need a hug. Should I hope on a train and head your way for some man-cuddling?

Till

Till

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey hey Rocky.

Good to see you back at it. And good to see you giving your situation some thoughts. Just wouldn't like to see you end up like some of my colleagues, that fucked up their backs, and now are stuck to a "discjob"...

And now: Attack those fucking weights, charge!!!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys. Well I've done 2 sessions since posting that last one and they sucked. I've lost so much strength it's not even funny so I'm not gonna post any until they are something approaching acceptable again.

well you always have to remember that you are only a human and not a machine.. i'm sure you still dominate your gym specially for your bw !!!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks fellas - and yes Freako a hug would be grand! :)

It jut frustrates me how long it takes to reach a level and how rificulously quickly I can drop back again only for it to take forever to return to the same stage.

Oh well...my body sucks...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont get down rocky! just get back on teh ol horse and u will be back at it in no time :)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea man , dont let that get you down. keep up the hard work !!