• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Too much water?

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Re: To much water?

The body has a natural mechanism for letting you know when you need to drink water - that's why there's such a thing as feeling thirsty. :) Bodybuilding and performance athletes should drink a gallon of water daily minimum. That being said, there's no real reason to force yourself into drinking an excessive amount of water on a daily basis.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

My experience is you can take a lot of water a few hours before a workout but never just before working out, drinking a lot just before working out will bloat your tummy and would make you piss a lot during your workout, that's why it's better to drink just a few gulps to before workout and everytime you get thirsty during your workout. After your workout you can opt to drink whatever amount of water you want.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
If it's Dark Yellow, you are definitely Dehydrated.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

Too Much Water is a Relative Question.
So long as it's Not making you Sick to your Stomach, then you are OK.
I regularly drink around 2 Gallons a Day in the Summer.

And Don't Drink Ice Cold Water in the Heat.
You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP

maj79

maj79

If you want to know if you are Dehydrated, the Color of your Urine will answer that question.
Your Urine should be Clear or Very Light Yellow, then you know you are drinking enough.

You can get Stomach Cramps or become Light Headed, it's a Shock to the System………………………… JP

I work in the sundown this is something we look for and preach about. No matter what the guys beg for ice cold water too. Never listening to logic.

With that said my pee stays yellow mainly do to all my vitamin consumption but I try to get at least 10 16oz bottles down a day but when it’s a hot day I’ll easily knock down 16 bottles

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I work in the sundown this is something we look for and preach about. No matter what the guys beg for ice cold water too. Never listening to logic.

With that said my pee stays yellow mainly do to all my vitamin consumption but I try to get at least 10 16oz bottles down a day but when it’s a hot day I’ll easily knock down 16 bottles

Depending on the Vitamin or Vitamins, your Urine can be a Bright Yellow, or Bright Yellow, with a Tinge of Green.
But when you are Dehydrated, that's a Dark Yellow.

Glad to see that you Pay Attention to what's coming out.
So many People don't, and can miss some early signs of a Problem...……………………… JP

maj79

maj79

Depending on the Vitamin or Vitamins, your Urine can be a Bright Yellow, or Bright Yellow, with a Tinge of Green.
But when you are Dehydrated, that's a Dark Yellow.

Glad to see that you Pay Attention to what's coming out.
So many People don't, and can miss some early signs of a Problem...……………………… JP

I have strict policy I use. If I haven’t pissed before 8:00am I kill 16 oz of water. I tell my crew this to insure they get the right amount of water. There’s been times I was over 10 bottles before I had to piss