• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

RVD's Wife Sonya Diagnosed With Colon Cancer

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This afternoon Rob Van Dam posted a blog on his MySpace page annoucing that his wife Sonya has been diagnosed with colon cancer. We wish Rob and Sonya the very best with her treatment, keep her in your prayers. Here's the blog entry from RVD's MySpace:

One good thing about spreading positive energy and encouraging an optimistic approach to life- when it comes time to get a taste of my own medicine, it's good. Still, it may not be fun to be put to the test. It may be quite unpleasant.

After thinking of several ways to put this, I decided to give it to you straight- just like we got it. After months of chasing down the origin of stomach cramps, we got the news that Sonya has cancer in her colon. Obviously, this was not something we wanted to hear, and were not at all prepared for it. This is the kind of thing that we hear about happening to other people. Us? Really?

I'm sure that a lot of you realize that cancer is way too common. In fact, I know that many of you are all too familiar with what we are experiencing.

This is very personal and I understand if you would choose to keep it on the down-low. One of Sonya's first thoughts was that if she could have colon cancer (being a 32 year old, lean, active, and healthy eating female that barely hits 3 digits on the weight scale), "We need to tell everyone it could be them!"

Months of testing showed nothing of this nature. The blood tests and everything else they did could not detect the cancer until the dreaded colonoscopy. Sonya wants everyone to know that you HAVE to get checked. We found a huge research center where we are getting this taken care of. They have a lot of information about the subject, in case you might be searching City of Hope.

Keep in mind, this is curable and Sonya has surgery scheduled for the end of the week to get this thing taken out. We're totally kicking its ass. We got this.

We know that we have a lot of people praying and sending positive energy, and we appreciate it. Keep it up. And don't tell Sonya's dad, if you know him. We'll do it when the time is right.

This will soon be a thing of the past. Sonya is amazingly strong and ready to fight.
This will be a squash match!

Anyone wondering what we're up to...it's this. Nothing else matters.

I'll update you soon.

Take care of yourselves.

Enjoy life.

RVD