• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Barbell Rows

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I felt really awkward with back position with BB rows for a while, then I changed my position a bit. I did this by keeping my chest out and my butt out as well, sort of like you would with a squat. And keep your chin up as well. Once you bring your head down, your spine will round in a harmful manner.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Well, I do it whit a 60-70 degree angle. Dorian Yates says that 70 is good!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pendlay rows ftw. Its harder than the BB rows but if mastered you can feel how good it works your back.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
You don't need to bend over 45 degrees to perform a row. I personally think 70 degrees is great. It takes stress of the lower back and puts your lats in a stronger mechanical way, thus you can use more weight. More weight in the desired rep range means more fibres are being fired off.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that 70 degrees will put less stress on the lower back and is great for the upper back. But it sucks in terms of where most people are actually weak, the middle and lower traps, which is where shoulder problems are derived.

Why not do a supported/prone row? All the benefits none of the negatives.

ibanezman1988

ibanezman1988

don't alltogether forget barbell rows

it's one of the best exersises for thickness

i do it just like dexter does in that pic.

ibanezman1988

ibanezman1988

You don't need to bend over 45 degrees to perform a row. I personally think 70 degrees is great. It takes stress of the lower back and puts your lats in a stronger mechanical way, thus you can use more weight. More weight in the desired rep range means more fibres are being fired off.

depending on the angle that you bend over at, you hit different muscles though. so it's good to varry your position.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff