• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big-Z's Log

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thusday. Oct 16th 2008

Meal 1: 6 boiled egg whites with 4 slices of ham

Meal 2: 10 .oz of chicken thigh with a slice of banana bread

Meal 3: 6 boil egg whites, with 45g whey protein Tang shake.

Meal 4: 10 oz of ham, 1/2 cup raisins and about handful of peanuts

Meal 5: Chicken noodle soup w. veggies

Meal 6: 4 Scrabmled egg whites and rice. and 1/2 cup of cottage chesse.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also I was reading up on this, On workout days my meal 2 or 3 is sometimes done during ym workout so would it be good to miz a 1/2cup of oats with a protein shake getting the carbs and protein in a single serving?

It's really all i have access to in a gym.

allstar

allstar

BCAAs and 1/8 teaspoon of salt

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oats and a protein shake would be fine,a banana is also good to for post workout

bcaa's are anticatabolic amino acids,your diet has already lots of protein and i dont think you need extra supplementation with them,save the money for quality food(my opinion).the salt thing i am not aware of.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

I don't think I can afford to cut out the carbs, I want to lose fat but not over losing strength or mass.

ehh youll get your strength back anyway after the cut. youll be down on energy and your lifts shouldnt drop majorly youre hella strong anyway

wanting to lose fat while keeping strength is exactly what phil heath preaches in precontest times because according to him
lose strength during cutting = lost muscle mass

if anything doing this would be a nice test cut in the end anyway, would be sick to see a 300 lber like you at low bf% esp if you plan on competing it would also work to see how this diet affects you + how well you can maintain your strength + muscle mass

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Friday, Oct 17th 2008

Meal 1:6 Boiled Egg whites with mustard, and 1/2 cup of oats.

Meal 2:6 boiled egg whites with a casein shake and 1/2 oats.

Meal 3: 1/2 cup of peanuts, oatmeal whey shake 60g.

Meal 4: a bowl of clam chowder and 1 oz. of raisins.

Fell asleep before I could finish meals, see training log lol.

Meal 5: Woke up at 11pm had a bowl of pork and beans, yum..fiber.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Diet looks to be solid Z. keep it up big man!!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Been awhile since I updated this... but here was today.

M1: Coffee and Whey Shake. Carb 4, Protein 65g.
M2: 12 oz of Albacore Tuna, with lemon pepper seasoning. Carb 0, Protien 65g
M3: Coffee Whey Shake Carb 4 Protein 65g
M4: 15 oz Albacore Tuna, with lemon pepper seasoning. Carb 0, Protien 72g
M5: 12 boiled egg whites &7.5 oz of Pink Salmon. Carb 2.4, Protien 85g
M6: 2 tbsp of Peanut butter, 1/2 cup of cashews Carb 15g, Protien 12g

Daily total: Carbs:24.5g Protein: 364g
Pretty good for day one I suppose.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
M1: Coffee and Whey Shake. Carb 4, Protein 65g
M2: 12 oz of 12 egg white battered Albacore tuna, fried with vinegared peppers. Carb 10, Protein 120g
M3: 12 boiled egg whites, season with montreal seasoning, with 10oz of Pink salmon. Carb 0, Protein 105g
M4: 8 egg whites fried with 6oz of rinse washed ham. Carb 0, Protein 60ish grams.
M5: 2 tbsp of peanut butter and prolly thats it. Carb 6, protein 7g

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats a lot of protein to digest in one meal man!

Split those meals in two so u have more meal frequency so u have a faster met. all day!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
M1: Coffee and Whey Shake. Carb 0, Protein 65g.
M2: Coffee and Whey Shake. Carb 0, Protein 65g.
M3: Ham and 6 Egg White Omlet. Carb 1, Protein 85g
M4: Egg White Battered Albacore Tuna, with 5 boiled egg whites. Carb 2, Protein 90g.
M5: Salmon Egg White Omlet, with 5 boiled egg whites. Carb 0, Protein 85g.

@ PV yea I know but the meal is seriously small it barely takes up half the plate so that why I ate it in one setting.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah but its not about the amount of food but what;s in the food....i dont think your body can provide enzymes to digest 100+ grams of protein in one sitting!!

Just my 2 cents!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah but its not about the amount of food but what;s in the food....i dont think your body can provide enzymes to digest 100+ grams of protein in one sitting!!

Just my 2 cents!

I totally agree with you I will try to divide the protein up but once it cooked and ready it's hard to stop my self lol, from devouring the whole thing. this diet thing got me on edge like the cookie monster. Food commericals my damn aunt has had these stack of sweetrolls on her kitchen table and I couldn't stop my self I ended up stufff like 3 of them in my mouth then spit them out in the trash and washed my mouth out... .... my stomach hates me so much.,:xmasohnoes:

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your diet is very bad man and it nowhere near helps you to achieve your goals,no offense but you need to reevaluate some things,also powerlifting and zero carb diet do not combine,if you continue like this you will hurt your self,

Carbohydrates

Carbohydrate is one of the most important nutrients to athletic performance. Carbohydrate plays the major role in supplying your brain and body with power. The body cannot supply enough carbohydrate on its own and therefore it needs to come from foods. Exercising with low levels of carbohydrate leads to fatigue. Carbohydrates are the ideal fuel for muscular work.

Carbohydrate is stored as glycogen, which is stored in the muscles and liver. Liver glycogen is used to maintain blood sugar, which, in turn, fuels the brain, nervous system and other cells. Optimal blood sugar levels are important for clear, brain function and therefore critical to sharp, high speed mental performance. Low blood sugar results in weakness and fatigue. Muscle glycogen fuels muscle cells during exercise. Muscle glycogen and fat supply energy during endurance activities. Maximizing glycogen stores is one of the primary goals of sports nutrition.

When exercising hard there is a continual loss of glycogen from the active skeletal muscle during the prolonged exercise. When the glycogen stores become depleted the athlete will not be able to exercise intensely and will experience fatigue. A gradual decline in muscle glycogen is related to the chronic fatigue often experienced by athletes during repetitive strenuous training conditions. Chronic fatigue often limits an athlete's ability to comply with a progressive training program and subsequently to compete at maximal potential. If you do not eat enough carbohydrates to refill the stores that are depleted in each workout, you may not have enough carbohydrates available during ensuing workouts. Therefore, consuming carbohydrates during endurance exercise can postpone fatigue and prolong peak performance.

Diet and endurance training influence the amount of glycogen stored in muscle and the time it takes to exhaustion. A high carbohydrate diet can raise the initial muscle glycogen concentration and thus there will be a greater time to exhaustion. Diet provides the body with the needed fuels, while training promotes muscles to store more carbohydrate and help improve the body's utilization of fuel. More muscle glycogen will help increase endurance. An individual that is more fit uses less glycogen, is better able to conserve the limited glycogen stores in the body, and utilizes more fat as a fuel source during endurance events.

Athletes who follow a high-carbohydrate diet can maintain high-intensity exercise for a longer period than those on a lower-carbohydrate diet. There is substantial evidence for a benefit of carbohydrate intake for the performance of brief, high power events if the competitor has been consuming a reduced energy diet.

Total carbohydrates are made up of simple sugars, complex carbohydrates, and fiber.

Simple carbohydrates are commonly known as sugars. Sources of simple carbohydrates include table sugar, candies and other sweets, sodas and bakery goods. These foods provide empty calories, i.e., calories that supply no vitamins and minerals and should therefore be minimized.

Complex carbohydrates include all the complex starches and fiber, such as those found in grains, cereals, breads and starchy vegetables like potatoes, corn, peas and beans. Milk, fruit and vegetables also contain carbohydrate.

Complex carbohydrates contain many essential nutrients and are the body's most effective source of energy to the athlete. Complex carbohydrates increase glycogen stores more efficiently than sugars, or simple carbohydrates.

Complex carbohydrates are ideal because they are quickly digested and absorbed into the bloodstream, leaving the stomach quickly so there is less chance of indigestion and nausea during the event.

Carbohydrates should make up the largest portion of the athlete's diet. Research suggests that to maintain adequate carbohydrate stores during heavy training, carbohydrate intake should range from 7-10 grams/kilogram of body weight/day or 55-70% carbohydrate.

Athletes who train exhaustively on successive days, or who compete in more prolonged endurance events, would benefit from a diet that contains 65% to 70% of total calories from carbohydrates.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Normally i'd agree with you but when I had carbs within my diet such as brown rice, grain, oats whole wheat bread I had no result I maintined bodyweight, and strength level, alos look to my training log I haven't lost any strength nor intensity due to this diet.

But have lost 10 lbs. as well as increased vascularity. In addition my cardio endurance has sky rocketted this may have been as result to the weight loss.
And I dunno where you heard but I no longer powerlift I haven't for years. The Carb just does not work with me when it comes to weight loss. Just the way my body is I guess.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well just try and divide ur meals into smaller portions and have more meals a day...u will keep full and speed up ur meta.

Good luck man!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Friday 05, 2008
Im not going to include Carbs cause none of my meals have them.

Coffee Whey Shake: 65g Pro
4 boiled egg whites: 32g Pro
Albacore egg white omelet: 60 g Pro
Salmon egg white omelet: 55g Pro
4 boiled egg whites: 32g Pro
Albacore egg white omelet: 60g Pro
Mackrel and Egg white scrambled plate with cucumber slices and a tbsp of peanut butter: Actually had cabrs from PB and Cucumber : Carb 14, 95g Protein (Pre-Bed Meal)

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well just try and divide ur meals into smaller portions and have more meals a day...u will keep full and speed up ur meta.

Good luck man!

I'm trying man lol splitting it into more than 6 a day is a toughy to keep up with cause time will zip right by and I forgot but i'll do it.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sunday, 07 2008
(Carb up day)
M1: Coffee and Whey Shake and Morning supps.
M2: 4 boiled egg whites
M3: Egg battered salmon, 2 friend chicken drumsticks, bowl of chop suey
M4: 4 boiled egg whites
M5: 4 boiled egg whites, tbsp peanut butter, bowl of chop suey.
M6: Chicken breast with mustard.
M7: 4 egg whites and 2 tbsp of peanut butter.