• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath is not doing the ASC 2009

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So... one more year to see Phil again onstage? :(

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Nice to have you back in the mecca! you should post here more often!

Man if you improve you are going to take the risck and end up.... PERFECT!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
great news. Phils chances in the O just went up and Its going to be amazing to see what improvements he can make with a full offseason. :)

Unless I missed something Kai is still doing the arnold tho right? :O If hes doing it i find it strange the article didnt mention him as a favourite he is a bigger threat to vic then toney.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pity for us, the fans, but I can only imagine what Heath will look like at 2009 O

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
When did he get a hernia?

from australian-bodybuilding.com

Dennis Wolf said he won’t be doing the 2009 Australia Grand Prix as he has to have a minor hernia operation. It will be the first time he has had any kind of surgery so can’t make any concrete plans at this stage. He said that he will not be able to train for some period and that squats will be out of the question for at least 6 weeks post surgery, but plans on doing the 2009 Arnold Classic.

http://australian-bodybuilding.com/2008/10/ifbb-vics-preview-pics-dennis-wolf-lee-priest-and-more/

durantb

durantb

I think he will win the O, if he make improvements like he this year

D

drexel1234

Yo Phil I was at first kinda upset that u wont being doing to arnold but then I realized that u with a full 8-10 month offseason is downright scary with ur drive and genetics, so come Olympia 09 I dont think anyone ever dex,jay,wolf or victor will be able to take u, good luck man and defin keep us posted on ur crazy progress.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good decision, I really do believe he can take the 09' title. If he can make as big of an improvement again as he has in the last two years then he will win.

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Good Luck Phil!

This is no doubt the best decision you could make, make it count!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
many will say that it´s stupid to not compete at the ASC but to me you are a really smart bodybuilder. the time off will deff help you grow and i know you will bring something diffrent and shock us once again so i think you´ll maybe even winning mr.olympia but deff top 3, good luck with the offseason

MrThinker

MrThinker

I dont blame Phil at all for wanting to skip the Arnold.... If he can keep getting better why not give it his all for bodybuildings top honor.....

Co-Sign plus with the line up at the Arnold Classic: Dex, Vic & Green he could find himself taking fourth if he hasn't improve since the 08 Olympia. Victor Martinez is hungry to gain his spot back this year.

Actually IF the rumors are true they better watch out for Ruhl

Naw I don't believe it plus there was a rumor Ronnie was making a comeback at the 09 Arnold also.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

Now I am sure many of your guys are pissed that I ain't doing the show, but when you look at the big picture, you'll see it was a good decision. Yes, the goal is to win, but more importantly to improve. My trainer and I agreed that in order to make improvements, an offseason is our only option leaving us more time in the gym to grow. Its funny because every time I sit one out, I get some great positive and some funny negative comments. Please know that I understand that most of you guys love to see me compete so I will do my best as always into bringing my best physique to date in Vegas in '09. I will film the whole year and will touch on many areas of my life. Just be a lil' more patient and you won't be disappointed because my fans are the best so I will continue to train for them.

will you make great improvements over this offseason? no doubt. but would you still make improvements while potentially winning the sport's second biggest title with a HUGE payday to boot? again, i have little doubt you would. i don't fully understand why some pros think they can only succesfully peak once a year. now i am not a pro and do not compete in any way at the level you do phil so i'm not doubting your knowledge. but seeing guys like tony, silvio, and most recently dexter (who had the most amazing year in ifbb history) do it multiple times and do spectacularly i don't get why you couldn't do 2 shows and still gain substantial ground. i mean, you've been doing it the last 2 years in the pros, why would this year be any different? i don't think it's humanly possible to make gains any faster than you have since becoming pro, and you've been doing multiple shows a year in doing so.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
will you make great improvements over this offseason? no doubt. but would you still make improvements while potentially winning the sport's second biggest title with a HUGE payday to boot? again, i have little doubt you would. i don't fully understand why some pros think they can only succesfully peak once a year. now i am not a pro and do not compete in any way at the level you do phil so i'm not doubting your knowledge. but seeing guys like tony, silvio, and most recently dexter (who had the most amazing year in ifbb history) do it multiple times and do spectacularly i don't get why you couldn't do 2 shows and still gain substantial ground. i mean, you've been doing it the last 2 years in the pros, why would this year be any different? i don't think it's humanly possible to make gains any faster than you have since becoming pro, and you've been doing multiple shows a year in doing so.

Dude, he's gearing up to do everything in his power to be a WORLD CHAMPION, which is well in his reach (I think he was very close this past year). Money is a byproduct of success.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, he's gearing up to do everything in his power to be a WORLD CHAMPION, which is well in his reach (I think he was very close this past year). Money is a byproduct of success.

ya i garnered that, but there have been several great champions (ronnie and dex) who have done more than one show in route to winning their first olympia. i think phil easily has the genetic capabilities of the 2 aforementioned and could join the elite group of men who have won the arnold and olympia in the same year. either way phil best of luck, we all know you'll be succesful no matter how many shows you do.

Mach

Mach

Yo!

Now I am sure many of your guys are pissed that I ain't doing the show, but when you look at the big picture, you'll see it was a good decision. Yes, the goal is to win, but more importantly to improve. My trainer and I agreed that in order to make improvements, an offseason is our only option leaving us more time in the gym to grow. Its funny because every time I sit one out, I get some great positive and some funny negative comments. Please know that I understand that most of you guys love to see me compete so I will do my best as always into bringing my best physique to date in Vegas in '09. I will film the whole year and will touch on many areas of my life. Just be a lil' more patient and you won't be disappointed because my fans are the best so I will continue to train for them.

Pretty cool of you posting in your spare time. Just finished watching your DVD. Best of luck to you sir!!