• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Right quad help

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My left quad is larger than my right, but besides being bigger, my left also has veins over it, and decent striations, but my right, no veins etc. and smaller. i don't know why, if its my foot placing is off, balance is off when doing leg presses or i should do something else for both legs, or just for my right quad alone. but i would like for it to be the same size as my left, i kinda care if its as good looking as my left, but size is my concern right now.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most people have a natural dominance issue with their limbs. The thing is that doing exercises that use both limbs at the same time means that you actually favour this dominance. So what you really need to do is single leg work. But since it is smaller you probably need to train it first and with the weight it wants. It is easy enough to fix the imbalance but it does take time.

Single leg exercises:
split squats
lunges
leg press (single leg of course)
bulgarian squats
etc etc

single leg SLDL
single leg leg curls
single leg back ext
etc etc

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay thanks Tim, that makes since.. i do move around more on my right, and tend to use it to kneel on the floor when stocking shelves and stuff..
i believe i might as well go for the single leg presses and single leg Deads.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Totally agree with Tim. Unilateral work is what you need. There are lots of peopel who have the same prob as you do hypo.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Most people have a natural dominance issue with their limbs. The thing is that doing exercises that use both limbs at the same time means that you actually favour this dominance. So what you really need to do is single leg work. But since it is smaller you probably need to train it first and with the weight it wants. It is easy enough to fix the imbalance but it does take time.

Single leg exercises:
split squats
lunges
leg press (single leg of course)
bulgarian squats
etc etc

single leg SLDL
single leg leg curls
single leg back ext
etc etc

+1

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i did one legged leg extensions and one legged leg presses..
went well, definitely need to keep doing it though, right leg is quite weaker...

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo !!

My left triceps and biceps are bigger than my left.
My left pec is bigger than my right.
My right lat is bigger than my left.
My right forearms is bigger than my left.
My left shoulder is bigger than my left.
My inner right quad is bigger than my left.
My vastus laterallis on the left is larger than on the right.

:3

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
One thing I have noticed when I did/do rehab for my hamstring is that a slingle leg squat doesn't work the leg(s) in the same way, I feel it more in my hamstring rather then my quad compared to normal squats. So it might not be the best for building overall quad mass with that in mind.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim makes great suggestions! I would recommend going with one day of unilateral work and another day of heavy, compound work on both legs. This way you can get both stimulation. It has worked great for me and brought my weaker limb up to par with the more dominant one.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim makes great suggestions! I would recommend going with one day of unilateral work and another day of heavy, compound work on both legs. This way you can get both stimulation. It has worked great for me and brought my weaker limb up to par with the more dominant one.

+1

I had the same problems with my arms....that is why i like doing a heavy compound movement and a unilateral movement in any arm workout...has helped a great deal

What u can do hypo is do normal squats followed by one legged leg press or lunges..finish it with some single leg extensions

Same style for hams!

Good luck!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff