• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson on Flex cover for jan 09!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I feel like they wanted him to look more like a fitness guy than a bodybuilder, but that should be left to Muscle & Fitness.

seriously, after looking at these pics again, i was gonna comment the exact same thing

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Both covers suck and they should have given Dex the cover last month instead of a lame foldout. You win the Olympia and you get a foldout behind UFC? Don't they have 'Muscle and Fitness' to appeal to the mainstream? Ridiculous. $5.99? I wouldn't pay one cent for that worthless mag.

whats up with this UFC fad... i like it a lot but most ufc fans are wanna be tough guy low lifes. that shouldnt have over shadowed the newly crowned mr.O.... flex sold out to the mainstream for 2 months in a row.... seriously fuck the mainstream. i like a lot of media friendly stuff but this is bodybuilding. some will always love bodybuilding some will never and if somebody doesnt appreciate our sport then we shouldnt have to tone things down for them.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It has been ages since I bought a flex magazine. Nice cover though

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats up with this UFC fad... i like it a lot but most ufc fans are wanna be tough guy low lifes. that shouldnt have over shadowed the newly crowned mr.O.... flex sold out to the mainstream for 2 months in a row.... seriously fuck the mainstream. i like a lot of media friendly stuff but this is bodybuilding. some will always love bodybuilding some will never and if somebody doesnt appreciate our sport then we shouldnt have to tone things down for them.

Fanbase Flex is after all a business and even if it was me in their shoes and I loved BB'ing with a passion I would cover UFC. Why cause they have fights weekly = more stories. More champions = More bio's and cover stories. More fans = more sales.

Bodybuilding however has always had a small but study fanbase. After the UFC fad blows over like boxing BB'ing will headline all the muscle magazines again. biggrinsanta