• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Overrated movies?

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

No it didn't. It staked all its jokes on the idea that cursing in front of your parents or overt manchild gimmicks are funny. Great writing there. :rolleyes:

That movie was hilarious. On a side note, I thought Talladega Nights was funny too.

Opinions are subjective tho. So... :)

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Spiderman. All of them. They wrecked my childhood hero.
I hate Toby McGuire. Like if I ever meet him, I will bitch slap him. Even if it means getting a beat down after, it would be worth it to me. I HATE Toby McGuire.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That movie was hilarious. On a side note, I thought Talladega Nights was funny too.

Opinions are subjective tho. So... :)
Both movies deliver very few laughs. As Downey says in Tropic Thunder, "you never go full retard." In Step Brothers both John C. Reilly and Will Farrell go full retard, thus it's full of retarded jokes and unnecessary screaming.

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

It's a terrible film and mindsets such as this severely limit intellectual discourse.

Yes, I suppose liking Step Brothers should have kept me out of Grad School.

How you going to try and come hard at me on some trivial bullshit?

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

Both movies deliver very few laughs. As Downey says in Tropic Thunder, "you never go full retard." In Step Brothers both John C. Reilly and Will Farrell go full retard, thus it's full of retarded jokes and unnecessary screaming.

You can't prove me wrong with your opinion. Are you seriously trying to sway me or prove something?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't prove me wrong with your opinion. Are you seriously trying to sway me or prove something?
The only thing I'm proving is that Step Brothers is a very immature movie. Fact.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a terrible film and mindsets such as this severely limit intellectual discourse.
I agree and disagree.

I'm not a fan of the bulk of movies that sink to such a low of "comedy" and overuse of one joke throughout a movie. But there is nothing wrong with liking them because occassionally you like to throw your brain in the bin and just having a laugh (Line you'd be with me on the drinking thing and watching stupid movies).

But I also hate the argument that "That's my opinion/feeling" without any real disection of what it is they like/hate about something. Everyone can have an opinion, most just never really think about it and as a result of never thinking they will be suckered by some flashy marketing and Will Ferrell (who's only good film was Stranger Than Fiction).

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Don't get your panties in a bunch because you thought a shitty movie was good mate... have some humble pie and merry christmas :xmasbigok:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Yes, I suppose liking Step Brothers should have kept me out of Grad School.
I don't believe I said anything along these lines, unless of course you're studying film or philosophy. If you read closely, I never said there was anything wrong with actually liking the film, just that it wasn't good.
Boardwalk said:
How you going to try and come hard at me on some trivial bullshit?
You're new here so I'd recommend gaining a better understanding of the social order here, i.e. the OT specialties of certain forum members. I'm passionate about film and actually write published reviews and far too often have I come across people who use the "subjective" defense as a means to bypass actual discussion. It's limiting in the scope of things, especially seeing how I'm calling it a terrible movie in a formal sense and you're merely saying you enjoyed it. There's a difference.
But there is nothing wrong with liking them because occassionally you like to throw your brain in the bin and just having a laugh (Line you'd be with me on the drinking thing and watching stupid movies).
Of course, again, you know me well enough that I try not to make semantic mistakes. I never said anything was wrong with liking Step Brothers, just that it was bad. I do feel the jokes and their grounding are severely below average though. Nonetheless, the quasi-aggressive tone of my post was targeted at the immediately dismissive "opinion" pastiche.
tim290280 said:
But I also hate the argument that "That's my opinion/feeling" without any real disection of what it is they like/hate about something. Everyone can have an opinion, most just never really think about it and as a result of never thinking they will be suckered by some flashy marketing and Will Ferrell (who's only good film was Stranger Than Fiction).
I didn't like Stranger than Fiction. Marc Forster is a hack. :xmashsughrun3:

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Step Brothers was awesome movie!! no need to say its overrated!!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree and disagree.

I'm not a fan of the bulk of movies that sink to such a low of "comedy" and overuse of one joke throughout a movie. But there is nothing wrong with liking them because occassionally you like to throw your brain in the bin and just having a laugh (Line you'd be with me on the drinking thing and watching stupid movies).

Yes! Couldn't have said it better
/end discussion

Step Brothers was hilarious, if you didn't think so STFU!
santaton

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought step brothers was hilarious as well. I love Will Ferrell and think hes really funny, I understand the humor is seen as dumb by many people, but hey, I find it appealing.

ps. one of my good friends from school's mom actually dated John C Riley in high school for a little, we call her Mrs Riley lol.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cloverfield,
it suxed arse :49:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Planet Terror and Death Proof.