• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DONNIE THOMPSON BREAKS WORLD POWERLIFTING TOTAL RECORD WITH 2905LBS

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Donnie Thompson on his New World Record Total, set in November 2008 in York, PA at the powerlifting nationals.

Donnie squatted 1235lbs, Benched 910lbs, and deadlifted 760lbs.

This was the first total in powerlifting over 2900lbs. Donnie Thompson finished the day at the 2008 IPA Nationals with 2905lbs. beating his previous total by 55lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome vid Demo!!
thanks bro!! repped!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crazy amount of weight :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome, soon the 3,000+ will be here.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn it.... How man... how.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great lifts...... Strong forsure!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome for true...but only 760 on deads amd 900 on bench? all suits and wraps etc...

Thats why i prefer strong man events...

MrThinker

MrThinker

Nice find demostenes. (Rep) I'm wondering if he did all three events in one day. I agree with PrinceVegeta 760lbs deadlift for a guy that can squat 1235lbs???

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

JHP81

Ha ha. I work out with his girlfriend (the girl in the white shirt with black stripes) at my gym. She is about the only one in the gym that knows whats going on in that place. Cool vid.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
almost 3000!!! thanks for the video bro!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome for true...but only 760 on deads amd 900 on bench? all suits and wraps etc...

though what he did was very impressive i have to agree. how in the world do you bench that much more than you deadlift being a powerlifter? a lot of it is the assistance gear.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it just me or did none of his squats look like they hit depth?

And his girlfriend is hot!! And roughly 1/10th his size :rofl3:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it just me or did none of his squats look like they hit depth?

And his girlfriend is hot!! And roughly 1/10th his size :rofl3:

his last one look good, the 2 before his last one didnt.

and his GF looks half his age.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

first think I thought of too... that's pretty fucked up.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw this video in December. To defend him powerlifting style on squats is much different with more of an emphasis placed on the hips. Also Deadlift is the last lift done so fatigue sets in by that point.

Donnie is the co-owner of the Gym I work out at home called Jungle Gym. I actually trained with Donnie a couple of times there. Hes an amazing guy and really down to earth. When I trained with him he was teaching me how to use kettlebells to help me with football. Donnie spent a few years in Arena Football himself. He weighs around 375lbs.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw this video in December. To defend him powerlifting style on squats is much different with more of an emphasis placed on the hips. Also Deadlift is the last lift done so fatigue sets in by that point.

Donnie is the co-owner of the Gym I work out at home called Jungle Gym. I actually trained with Donnie a couple of times there. Hes an amazing guy and really down to earth. When I trained with him he was teaching me how to use kettlebells to help me with football. Donnie spent a few years in Arena Football himself. He weighs around 375lbs.

i really want to train there. ima go visit you when i get some leave for sure!!

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha the good news I'm not even talking about the same gym. They are split up. Both of them are bad ass though. Jungle Gym is literally 5mins from my house. Thats the main reason I love that place, its hardcore, chains and bands, and its right down the road. The other one is on the other side of town, but hell we could go train at both of them. They both are fantastic. The other one is called South Carolina Barbell, I think I actually saw it on a video on musculardevelopment where the guys were training there for the palmetto cup. You should come and we should go to the Palmetto Cup this summer, it takes place in June.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha the good news I'm not even talking about the same gym. They are split up. Both of them are bad ass though. Jungle Gym is literally 5mins from my house. Thats the main reason I love that place, its hardcore, chains and bands, and its right down the road. The other one is on the other side of town, but hell we could go train at both of them. They both are fantastic. The other one is called South Carolina Barbell, I think I actually saw it on a video on musculardevelopment where the guys were training there for the palmetto cup. You should come and we should go to the Palmetto Cup this summer, it takes place in June.

i could possibly be stationed in SC so lets see! as soon as i know where im going and im settled in im going over bro! i have a few friends i want to go see in SC so its a for sure thing!