• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

muscleboy schedule

MetalMX

MetalMX

No ectomorph should train 5 times a week or anyone in more of a beginner stage you will make progress with 3 days a week just fine.

The training split all wrong thread is great have a read of it.

And as food is the most important thing u need to focus on that as in being fucking religious in your eating to eat enough, schedule your meals and make sure you eat them.

Your thyroid is on full blast, calories are burning fast, thats why you need lots of food. Also if you have real trouble gaining weight even with a ton of food check your thyroid status with an endocrinologist just to make sure you don't have hyperthyroidism or even a mild form of it

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've agreed with pretty much everyone above me. But I really think you should just train everything once a week for a couple months. Really start getting strong on your basic lifts and some smaller auxilory lifts once a week. Start eating more, and sleeping 8 hours a night.

After you get comfortable with all this. THEN move onto the extra advice as in working your legs more than once a week, etc. Don't do too much all at once.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squats
Deads
Bench
Row
Standing press
Pull up

Repeat three times weekly with mass quantities of food. Effect: Growth.

Tim makes some great suggestions. I just finished an upper/lower routine and it worked fantastic.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

today im going to do arms.

i usually train at five pm so i have already had 4 good meals.

for biceps im going to do:

curls- 4-5 sets

machine curls- 4-5 sets

cable curls- 4-5 sets

then for forearms i will do 4-5 sets of reverse curls.

then for my last arm exercises i do tri's

pushdowns- 4-5 sets

rope pulldowns- 4-5 sets

i dont do dips because lately i have been having a pain in my chest everytime i do them.
and its weird because none of the rest of my chest exercises hurt me.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are all of those sets working sets or are you including warmup sets when you say 4-5 sets?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much bi work and not enough tri work...triceps are 2/3 of your arm size!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Too many sets on the bis, not enough on the tris and most of the forearm work is inconsequential. You'll get better development from heavy grip work.

Creator gave you some good advice back there. Do all the major compound movements a few times a week and eat, then you will grow.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

Are all of those sets working sets or are you including warmup sets when you say 4-5 sets?

i will do something to warm up before like chins or something

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

Too much bi work and not enough tri work...triceps are 2/3 of your arm size!

i used to do dips and machine dips but i got a pain in my chest when i did them. and those are the only two exercises that hurt my chest. no other tri or chest exercises makes it hurt. strange?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
muscleboy88

muscleboy88

Too many sets on the bis, not enough on the tris and most of the forearm work is inconsequential. You'll get better development from heavy grip work.

Creator gave you some good advice back there. Do all the major compound movements a few times a week and eat, then you will grow.

wouldnt i be over training if i do all those exercises three times a week.
not overtraining as in doing to much work but as in hitting one muscle three times a week.

besides i have been training for over a year and i think the split is good for i can focuse on improving one specific muscle.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It is only overtraining if you are fatiguing your system too much. Too much is dependent on far too many factors. One drop set may be enough to overtrain you in one cycle, but drop sets for every exercise might be needed to overtrain on another. If you don't get enough sleep just training could overtrain you!! Just realise that you have to have weeks (usually once every 4-6 weeks) that you drop the training volume or load off by 20% to allow recovery and over compensation.

As for your chest hurting: what type of dips (bench, parra bar, machine?) and where in the chest (clavicle, sternum, muscle belly, ?). If it is from bench dips stop doing them completely.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

^^

parra bar dips

it hurts me in the center of my chest.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

well it started from parra bar dips but now every dip that i do i feel it.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand you're young, but the more you realize that arms don't need much of a stimulus to grow, the sooner you start seeing overall bodily changes.

I think your arms workout is upside down. The biceps need maybe 3-4 sets; it's one of the smallest muscle bellies in the entire human musculature, and is one of the smallest in the upper arm. It's more appealing, but honing in on the triceps during arm day is more important.

Try this, bro:

Barbell Curls: 3-4 x 12
Closegrip Bench: 3 x 8-12
Skullcrushers: 4 x 6-12
Rope pulls: 3 x 8-12

This should be sufficient load to microtraumize the fibers themselves. Remember, growth is induced and determined by a a stimulus. Using the stimulus to annihilate your muscle fibers can do more harm than good, especially on a cellular level!

Hope this helps, good luck.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

^^ thanks man ill try to involve more tricep exercises but as you read above my two best tricep workouts are no longer part of my schedule.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ thanks man ill try to involve more tricep exercises but as you read above my two best tricep workouts are no longer part of my schedule.

Glad to here you've got your questions answered. If you have any more, don't hesitate to post them. But always make sure you're always in a surplus of calories, because without a proper diet, lifting can only do so much.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

im eating six times a day.

close to three thousand calories a day.

would eat more if it wasnt for school.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

how much calories should i be eating?

i weigh 108

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how much calories should i be eating?

i weigh 108

Pinpointing a number of calories out of the air wouldn't be the best idea. Start at 3,000 where you are and progressively up it by 5-800 every week. Quickly stagnating your calories can place stress on your pancreas and give you stomach/intestinal pains.

Also when you up your calories, I'd prefer you upheld the protein and increase your carbs and fats (moderate). You'll find it easier to create an inclination of calories through carbs, not protein.