• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

.S. group sues Coke over VitaminWater health claims

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
unlike Australia, the majority of US states still allow people to consume raw milk. The fraction of people who get ill from raw milk is very tiny.

Raw milk is safe and shouldn't be regulated by the government.

Raw milk is not safe unless regulated

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting how a thread about Vitamin Water turned into an interesting and informative discussion on milk, thanks guys.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Milk: The original vitamin water!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No it just goes largely unnoticed because people will blame something else or not die. Food poisoning is very treatable with broad spectrum antibiotics. Most people don't die as a result.

Have to remember that infection chances are lowered compared to eggs as infected udders are treated and removed from production. It is usually early onsett or cows who don't show signs that contaminate milk. Eggs the chance is moderate, but as a result you can go years without being individually infected. So milk you could go even longer. Or you could be the one that ends up in emergency on the IV or if you don't get there in time dead.

good posts in here tim :thumbsup2:

and no ben i was not aware of that. however for the benefits milk has, i think i'll take my chances

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've posted this one before about milk pasteurisation. Thought I'd post it again.

Yes there is some denaturing of proteins, etc but it depends on the temp and duration. As you can see the standard is 72 degrees and causes 2.8% denaturing of protein and very little else while giving good control of bacteria. I've actually toured dairy's in the USA and Australia and they tend to use the standard as set down by industry. This is directly advised from their councils which have science advisors (and sponsor most of the research and journals themselves as a result). So pretty much guaruntee that dairy isn't trying to destroy full cream milk. Now low fat and skim is a different story completely........
Effect of milk pasteurization temperature and in situ whey protein denaturation on the composition, texture and heat-induced functionality of half-fat Cheddar cheese

RYNNE Nuala M. (1) ; BERESFORD Thomas P. (1) ; KELLY Alan L. (2) ; GUINEE Timothy P. (1) ;
(1) Dairy Products Research Centre, Teagasc Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork, IRLANDE
(2) Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University College, Cork, IRLANDE
Abstract
In recent years, many dairy product manufacturers pasteurize milk at temperatures higher than 72°C, so as to reduce further the risk of survival of Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis. However, little information is available on the effect of these temperatures on cheese quality. Half-fat Cheddar cheeses (∼15%, w/w, fat) were manufactured from milk pasteurized at 72°C, 77°C, 82°C or 87°C for 26s, and analyzed over a 360d ripening period. The mean levels of whey protein denaturation in the pasteurized milks were 2.8%, 8.4%, 20.2% and 34.1% of total whey protein, respectively. Increasing pasteurization temperature significantly increased the levels of moisture and non-expressible serum and decreased the levels of protein, fat, calcium and free oil. Pasteurization temperature did not significantly affect the levels of pH 4.6-soluble N but influenced the degradation profiles of αs1-and β-caseins. Increased pasteurization temperature significantly reduced fracture stress, fracture strain and firmness of cheeses. Raising the pasteurization temperature from 72°C to either 82°C or 87°C significantly reduced the flowability and stretchability of the heated cheese and increased its apparent viscosity; in contrast, increasing pasteurization from 72°C to 77°C did not affect these properties.
Journal Title
International dairy journal
2004, vol. 14, no11, pp. 989-1001